$107 tab remaining on phone that is not working - subsidized "old" tab

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Positive Tab mentions

I have an iPhone on an "old" tab which Koodo subsidizes monthly by contributing 15% of my monthly bill towards the tab.  I only pay a flat $5.00/mo.   There is a tab balance left of $107. but with Koodo's contributing portion, I only have $5.00/mo. left to pay over the remaining 10 months, or $50     Question:  my phone isn't working properly  (no WiFi) and is out of warranty.  Once I get a new phone, my understanding is my old tab must be paid off FIRST, which means I waive my right to have Koodo contribute to my monthly tab, am i correct???  Thx, just want to make sure I understand this correctly.  As far as I know, you cannot start a new tab without paying your old tab off first.  So...looking at a difference of $107. compared to $50. and I have the choice of continuing to use my existing phone without WiFi.    Am I on the right track???
Photo of Anne Edgington

Anne Edgington

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 137,132 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,708 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Anne! Try resetting your network settings..settings->general->reset->reset network settings.  See if that helps with the Wi-Fi issue :)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 83,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd further suggest letting the tab build up to tg maximum 150 positive amount before using it as unless there's some sort of sale going on you're still paying full, or close to full price on the tab.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

• 57,518 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You also have the option of buying a new phone for cash [no new tab required] and just slipping your current SIM card into the new handset. If the sizes don't match, buy a new sim and do a transfer with self-serve or by calling 611 if necessary. Your current plan and tab will play out as they are now.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.