$100 referral credit only $25

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I signed up during the $100 referral credit period, received an email confirming $100 credit and only received $25. My referee also only received $25 even though the email says $100. I contacted the referral dept and they gave me the verbatim spiel of in store $25 online $100 (the sales rep told me to do it online to get the maximum credit) I have included a screenshot of the email.

If this is how koodo treats new customers, I'd hate to see how they treat long time customers.

Photo of Neil LaPointe

Neil LaPointe

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,964 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Neil,
Did you activate your line instore or online?
If you did it instore, then you would only get $25.
There were some conditions for the $100 credit and a lengthy discussion about it. You could check this topic with a response from a Koodo rep https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/koodo-does-not-honor-100-online-only-promo-referral-c...
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 12,280 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Did you contact the referral department using the forms below?

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/...
Photo of Neil LaPointe

Neil LaPointe

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
@dinh I mentioned I did it online, I realize you are trying to help, but if I mentioned it in the post it's not helpful to ask again.

@Mats I went that course of action and was told to the letter the same thing @dinh mentioned.

I have confirmed I went through the proper process, have the email to confirm. I need help from a moderator
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,042 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Neil,
The forum is mostly for customer interactions. By the way, you said "the sales rep told me to do it online to get the maximum credit". You didn't say you/your friend actually did it. So I asked again just to confirm the information.

If you are looking for some "moderator", there would be some Koodo reps who passed by sometimes. They will properly ask you to contact them through facebook or calling  or referral email contact (which you did).

I would suggest you go over the topic that I mentioned earlier. If you did all of the correct steps within the eligible time period, then you should write it down in proper forms (1. when did you send/receive referral email 2. when did you/your friend activate 3. did they activate online? and when 4. was the credit $100 at the time and for that case, did your friend click on the correct email for $100). After that, you could contact them and ask for proper $100 (if you think you were qualified).
(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 186,618 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you did everything right, then it looks like an error by Koodo.  In that case I would send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and a rep will be able to look into it