$100 credit for switching from public to koodo

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: P2K migration

When I received a message from public mobile stating my plan was going to increase I took advantage of the $40 rate plan with Koodo plus bonus $100 for signing up. I logged into my self serve account today and to my surprise there is a bill that I have to pay. I don’t see the $100 credit that was promised upon activation? Is there a delay in receiving the credit?
Photo of Amanda Gz

Amanda Gz

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,312 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It should come in a credit of $25 per bill for your fist 4 bills, do you see a $25 credit there at all?
Photo of Amanda Gz

Amanda Gz

No there doesn’t appear to be anything?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Did you sign up online through the link provided in the text you were sent?
Photo of Amanda Gz

Amanda Gz

Yes, I got a confirmation of the $100 in an email but when I set up my self serve account it’s not there?
Photo of Amanda Gz

Amanda Gz

I set everything up online, I wish I went in and saw someone instead ... seems like there’s a lot of problems doing it online
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Ok just talked with koodo and it can take up to 2 billing cycles for the Credit to be applied.
The $40 2gb plan gets applied at $25 credits for 4 months. The $40 4gb gets applied as a one time $100 credit.
Photo of Amanda Gz

Amanda Gz

Thanks for touching base with them! So I’m guessing I have to pay this bill already? Seems weird to get a bill right away and I just signed up on Thursday
Photo of Paul Deschamps

NP, Yeah it's normal when signing up with any Canadian carrier your first bill comes whenever your billing cycle date is set. You pay for the few days of service plus one full month in advance, then it will be normal next month going forward.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.