Koodo Community
Question

zero upfront upgrade

• 26 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have no Tab balance and I’d like to upgrade but all the iPhones require an upfront payment. It looks like I’ll be changing providers unless speaking with a rep will make a difference?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have no Tab balance and I’d like to upgrade but all the iPhones require an upfront payment. It looks like I’ll be changing providers unless speaking with a rep will make a difference?

That doesn’t seem to be the case. If you are eligible for Tab Plus, you can get the iPhone 11, iPhone SE, and iPhone XR without an upfront payment.

If you are eligible for Tab Mid, you can opt for that. There will be an upfront payment, but you will end up paying the same amount as Tab Plus. It’s worth considering if you don’t qualify for Tab Plus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well yes they're new and quite expensive. Both Fido and Virgin, which are also flanker brands like Koodo, have an upfront and tab portion for iphones. The primary brands of Telus (the parent companies of the flanker) do typically allow larger tabs. If you want 10+GB and no data overages, they're actually the better option these days. 

Thanks! I’ll try changing to Tab Plus!