Koodo Community

Community

Solved

With iphone 4S, under system settings, cellular data for current period not reset to 0

My son joined Koodo last month, using iphone 4s. Under Settings, Cellular data, it shows total usage and usage for current period. His plan is 200MB data per month. A month has gone by, but the data usage for the current period has not been reset down to zero. Both numbers show his total usage. Should I expect it to? When I go to the self serve on the Koodo website, the new billing cycle started a few days ago, and the data has been reset. So why isn't this reflected in his phone's settings? Thanks for any help Mark

10 replies

Userlevel 4
The cycle in the phone settings would most likely not be matching what the Koodo bill cycle is. This sort of thing is not automatic when you join Koodo.
Userlevel 3
The billing cycle and the allotted data limit have to be program in the iphone manually this is not done automatic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On an iphone you have to manually remember to reset it at the beginning of your billing period. There should be a Reset Statistics at the bottom of the Cellular Data screen. This iphone function is about data used on the phone and is separate from Koodo self serve which states data used during a billing period
Userlevel 7
Take a look at an app called dataman. I believe it has more functionality and options than the built-in settings.
Thanks Tyler and Rocky and Dennis for the very quick and useful replies. Much appreciated! Mark
Userlevel 3
Mark Underwood wrote:

Thanks Tyler and Rocky and Dennis for the very quick and useful replies. Much appreciated! Mark

The Italian Stallion is proud to be of some asssitance! Hey yo ADRIAN!
Took at look and dataman is only $1 on the app store and does what is needed. Will download. Thanks Jonathan! Mark
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Underwood wrote:

Took at look and dataman is only $1 on the app store and does what is needed. Will download. Than...

You can also view your data usage in Koodo's Self Serve app. This one resets automatically and it's free.
Mark Underwood wrote:

Took at look and dataman is only $1 on the app store and does what is needed. Will download. Than...

Very good, thanks Ivan. I downloaded it. The only downside is that, within a three hour span, my son had to login in again - with my email address and koodo password, to access the information. Mark
Userlevel 5
Mark Underwood wrote:

You should be able to set it to remember your log in information.