Koodo Community
Question

Will Telus phone work with Koodo

I have an iPhone 5 that is locked with Telus and I was wondering if it would work with Koodo? I am a Koodo customer and currently using a samsung phone. Also, will i be able to stick to my current plan or would I have to change it?

19 replies

Userlevel 6
I'm quite sure iphone, even if they are locked work on both telus and koodo. You will have to get a micro SIM card and that's about it. You can keep your plan and if you are bringing your own phone and have no negative tab you could also get an extra 10% off your plan. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo.shtml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm quite sure iphone, even if they are locked work on both telus and koodo. You will have to get...It's actually a Nano SIM not a Micro SIM that the iPhone 5 uses
Userlevel 6
I'm quite sure iphone, even if they are locked work on both telus and koodo. You will have to get...Opppps......stuck in previous generation mode. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm quite sure iphone, even if they are locked work on both telus and koodo. You will have to get...Np, I only know because I made the mistake & have been corrected so many times lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it will work with Koodo and there is no need to unlock it, it will work right away. Yes you could use any plan that Koodo offers so you could keep your plan your using now.
Yes it will work with Koodo and there is no need to unlock it, it will work right away. Yes you c...so any telus iphone will work with Koodo SIM ?
Userlevel 5
Yes it will work with Koodo and there is no need to unlock it, it will work right away. Yes you c...A Telus iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5 will work with Koodo without having to unlock the device. A Telus iPhone 3G may work with Koodo but data services will not be available.
Thanks a lot everyone!!!! 🙂
Did it work??mine didnt
Userlevel 5
Did it work??mine didntAre you sure DeeJay? It should of worked... Are you sure it was a Telus iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did it work??mine didntI got a Telus iPhone 4 and it worked for me. You have to update with iTunes first. Here are the steps how http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-d.shtml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did it work??mine didntNote that this will update your iOS
WOULD A IPHONE4 WORK WITH KOODO , IT'S A ROGERS IPHONE4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WOULD A IPHONE4 WORK WITH KOODO , IT'S A ROGERS IPHONE4Posting it in 3 different topic won't get your an answer faster! And Dennis is right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. It have to be unlocked first
No. It have to be unlocked firstwhat do you mean unlocked I can play games on it ,view my pictures but it just says no service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. It have to be unlocked firstHe meant a carriee unlock
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. It have to be unlocked firstCarrier*
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. It have to be unlocked firstCarriers "lock" their cellphones to their service so that cellphone cannot be used with other carriers. This is a practice that restricts your cellphone to the carrier you bought it from (IMO this should be illegal especially if you have paid for and now own the cell phone). By having the cellphone "unlocked" by the original carrier (assuming you have met their conditions AND paid their "unlocking" fee) OR through an online website; you are "unlocking" the cellphone from being tied to the original carrier's network only. This means an "unlocked" cellphone can be used on any network (assuming they run the correct frequencies)