Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will Koodo unlock my Rogers iPhone?

If i bring in my iPhone 4s thats locked to rogers and sign up for the Canada wide sim only plan will koodo unlock the phone for me?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo cannot unlock iphones from other carriers. You need to get Rogers to unlock it for you (cheapest option, $50) or you can find a 3rd party online unlocker ($100+)
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Koodo cannot unlock iphones from other carriers. You need to get Rogers to unlock it for you (...

They unlock android and bb, why not iPhones?
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Koodo cannot unlock iphones from other carriers. You need to get Rogers to unlock it for you (...

They're not allowed to, that's why. Don't turn this into a why not thread, Rudy. Koodo is being courteous by offering to unlock phones from other providers. They have no obligation to tell you why.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Cuz the software they use provides unlock codes to most phones locked to most carriers (not all are doable). iPhones are unlocked differently. They need to send the unlock to Apple's servers. Koodo does not have access to send on behalf of another carrier
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Ahhhh....that makes sense. Thanks Dennis!
Dennis wrote:

Hey Denis! What online service would you recommend that is 100% trusted and working?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i-want-to-unlock-my-iphone-but-i-am-no-longer-a-koodo...