Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will Koodo support an iPhone 3S on their system?

A friend looking to switch to Koodo.  Want to use existing iPhone 3S.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Omg. This phone is old! 

I don't see why it wouldn't support it. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Omg. This phone is old! 

The good ol' Iphone 3 🙂 man i miss that thing lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Omg. This phone is old! 

You wouldn't miss it if you tried it now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Omg. This phone is old! 

I still have one. Use it for iPod to cut the grass lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your phone is unlocked, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it's not, it's really not unworthy locking. That phone was released almost 7 years ago. The most basic smartphone of today should perform better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I forget the versions numbers of iPhones but I know Koodo doesnt support the iPhone 3g so I don't know if the 3gs is a different model or not but you may have issue if that's the same
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I forget the versions numbers of iPhones but I know Koodo doesnt support the iPhone 3g so I don't...

I assumed that OP meant 3GS. That was the 1st iPhone model supported by Koodo. Though I don't know why a 3G wouldn't work - it has the compatible frequencies.

I forget the versions numbers of iPhones but I know Koodo doesnt support the iPhone 3g so I don't...

It's for my 70 yr old Mom who I handed the phone down a couple of years ago.  She's 'pay as you go' with another dealer now, but wants to move to Koodo.  She's not interested in the top model with tab.   Senior on a budget 🙂  Hoping we can move to Koodo with existing phone.
Badge +4

Should still work with Koodo. I had an unlocked 3Gs on TELUS network many years ago. I'm not sure if Koodo still carries miniSIM cards though. Found a link on eBay Canada for a prepaid miniSIM, if they don't stock them anymore.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Koodo-Regu...

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As far as I recall, the 3G worked for voice but not data on koodo's network. The 3GS would work for both, although koodo never carried them. The first iPhone they sold was the iPhone 4.