Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will Koodo let me preorder the new iPhone ?

Will Koodo let me preorder the new iPhone?
icon

Best answer by Jonathan I 22 July 2014, 11:18

Koodo has never done pre orders in the past. I don't see it happening anytime soon. The issue here is allocation. When a big new phone launches (new iPhone, high end Android flagship, etc.) the manufacturer only has so many at launch. They will have to split it among all the providers that they've agreed to sell it to, then priority of inventory has to be split among all the best selling/fast moving stores all over Canada (some locations don't even get any for months after launch), and then it has to be supplied to retailers too! Stores can't just order whatever they feel like when a phone is on allocation. When I was at Mobile Shop, Koodo didn't even let us have the Note II for 3 months after they launched it and even then orders kept getting back ordered because of the high demand.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Koodo has never done pre orders in the past. I don't see it happening anytime soon. The issue here is allocation. When a big new phone launches (new iPhone, high end Android flagship, etc.) the manufacturer only has so many at launch. They will have to split it among all the providers that they've agreed to sell it to, then priority of inventory has to be split among all the best selling/fast moving stores all over Canada (some locations don't even get any for months after launch), and then it has to be supplied to retailers too! Stores can't just order whatever they feel like when a phone is on allocation. When I was at Mobile Shop, Koodo didn't even let us have the Note II for 3 months after they launched it and even then orders kept getting back ordered because of the high demand.