Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will an iPhone 5 locked to Telus work with a Koodo Prepaid SIM card?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it works with postpaid, I guess it should work with prepaid! I would wait that someone else confirms this though
Robert wrote:

If it works with postpaid, I guess it should work with prepaid! I would wait that someone else co...

As far as I know, the prepaid and the postpaid are basically different networks... hence the need for different SIM cards.
Yes, I currently am running a TELUS iPhone 4, was postpaid on there Network. And brought over to Koodo Prepaid Account! All the Best Hayden
haydenataylor wrote:

Yes, I currently am running a TELUS iPhone 4, was postpaid on there Network. And brought over to...

Thanks!
Take your phone to a Koodo kiosk and get them to check it for you. They plug in a SIM and confirm whether it will work or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wayne Ridley wrote:

Take your phone to a Koodo kiosk and get them to check it for you. They plug in a SIM and confirm...

There is no need. Telus/Koodo iPhones are identical and interchangeable. The same applies to Blackberry 10 and Windows Phone 8 devices as well. Android devices and feature phones must be unlocked if moving between Koodo and Telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wayne Ridley wrote:

Take your phone to a Koodo kiosk and get them to check it for you. They plug in a SIM and confirm...

And Wayne, we do appreciate your help, but you're answering to a thread that is 2 months old. Clearly the person already had the answer by that time. But still, thank you 🙂 Maybe you didn't see it was 2 months old!