Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will an iPhone 4 locked to Bell work on Koodo without unlocking it?

I have a sim card from my Nexus 4, can I just pop it in the new phone?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Only Telus will, you would need to unlock the phone from Bell
Robert wrote:

Dang it, alright thanks 🙂 You don't happen to know how to unlock a phone for free do you?
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Jailbreaking, which is an unofficial and not permanent method that will also probably cause your phone to start glitching out and die unless you restore it back to normal. Essentially, no. You'd have to find someone who is a Bell customer and have them do it for $50 or find a third party unlock place, which costs around $100 or so because Apple likes to make things difficult.
Robert wrote:

Brilliant... And no, I'm not even gonna go near jailbreaking; that never ends well. Okay, thanks for all the info.
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Yeah, cheap third party unlocks for iPhones don't really exist. If you're willing to invest in a newer iPhone instead, I think that would be a better move.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

They exist from time to time. I've used www.daxgsm.com before. They used to sell $30 Telus/Koodo unlocks before (when Koodo used to charge $50). Their current cheap unlocks are for Rogers/Fido ($28.50). Bell/Virgin is $95, so not worth it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Wow that's some of the cheaper iphone unlocks I have seen
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

It helps with the grey market sales a lot. Rogers iPhones are the most abundant where I live and therefore have the lowest resale value. So it's a good deal for me to buy Rogers phones (for now, anyways).