Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will a factory unlocked GSM iPhone 4s work with Koodo?

I read on the koodo website that koodo will not run off of GSM. If I buy a factory unlocked GSM only iPhone 4s, is there any way to further unlock said phone in order to make it compatible with koodo? Or is the seller wrong and there is no such thing as a GSM only phone? This is what the add said: "FACTORY UNLOCKED FOR GSM ONLY" Will the phone work?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Is there any way that you can check with a Friend that already has Koodo so you can test it out personally? Also check the link to see what the tool says... http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-a.shtml
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Is there any way that you can check with a Friend that already has Koodo so you can test it out p...

BTW, What carrier is the phone coming from?
Camilo_A wrote:

Is there any way that you can check with a Friend that already has Koodo so you can test it out p...

I have koodo already, but I'm just getting a new phone. The phone in question is from ebay and the seller didn't disclose the previous carrier. I can't test it because I have not yet bought the phone
If the 4s is factory unlocked it will work on the koodo network. HSPA is a fancy GSM network 🙂 awesome question!