Koodo Community

Community

Solved

WiFi Calling, a dream? :)

Hi all!

WiFi Calling on Koodo would make a huge difference to many of us who live in areas with poor signal. Is there any ETA on that? Sadly Koodo is far behind most other providers in this respect.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Seb,

I'm sure they will follow up the big three
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Plan is to try rolling it out within the year Seb. Most of our customers are within major metropolitan areas where this feature is less valuable for them, so it's not our top priority. 
Userlevel 3
Bernard wrote:

Plan is to try rolling it out within the year Seb. Most of our customers are within major metropo...

Koodo is the only one out of Big 3 and their 3 offsprings that doesn't offer VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling. The only thing you have going for you is that #1 customer service people are talking about (and the out-of-province plan loophole†), which is actually very surprising when your customer service costs extra money in most cases.

†I bet you have no plans to close that loophole because you would lose all those customers that moved over to Koodo only because of the loophole.
Userlevel 4
Bernard wrote:

Plan is to try rolling it out within the year Seb. Most of our customers are within major metropo...

I know for myself and the community i live in could use Volte wifi calling because the cellphone service is so poor in our area that were trying to get telus to install a small cell to boost the single in our area but that could take for ever
Userlevel 4
Bernard wrote:

Does anyone know if virgin has the Volte wifi calling in Quebec
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Might better be asked on Virgin's support site.
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

Virgin mobile is a Bell sub.
Bell supports VoLTE on Samsung Galaxy S6 and the latest iPhones (may be select models). At first, it was exclusive to those on a Toronto area code cell number. AFAIK, it's open to anyone with a compatible handset.
Another geographic tidbit, Bell/Virgin will get you LTE advanced (only relevant for data) in GTA, but in Quebec I saw little outside of Sherbrooke. They've likely been expanding it since I last checked. You'll see it on their coverage map on their site.