Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wifi Calling

Userlevel 3
Telus launched Wifi Calling about 5 months ago now... Koodo where you at???

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They are behind, but I have no doubt they will launch it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo has said the plan is to have it come to Koodo this year but of course there is no guarantee on this.
Userlevel 4
I think this is The Great News already that they are going to launch it even there is no guarantee when.

I hope to get some Good News soon about Volte as well.
Userlevel 6
Jan Hope wrote:

I think this is The Great News already that they are going to launch it even there is no g...

Agreed. I think VoLTE is more important and more awesome than wifi calling. Wifi calling is just a VOIP fail-over which a subscriber can simulate via other means. Subscribers cannot, however, "simulate VoLTE". We are at the mercy of carriers for this. Also curious why this is taking so long given that Fido even offers Video over LTE 😛
Userlevel 4
titaniumtux

I have heard that it takes so long for Telus to implement that because they want to do this perfectly. Unlike Rogers/Fido. They are always the first in any innovations but latter want to deal with potential problems. 
Userlevel 3
Jan Hope wrote:

titaniumtux

I have heard that it takes so long for Telus to implement that because they want to ...

According to this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204039
The only national provider in Canada that doesn't offer VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling is Koodo. TELUS isn't taking so long to implement or make anything perfect. They have had both for about 5 months now.
Userlevel 6
Jan Hope wrote:

titaniumtux

I have heard that it takes so long for Telus to implement that because they want to ...

True that! I don't bother with the Rogers/Fido network because they don't reach my basement or family cottage. I do like the fact that they offer cool features integrated into their wireless network. I don't need caller ID name display or wifi calling as these are things that I can simulate through apps. VoLTE would be nice, given that I use data on my phone often when I'm on a call.
Userlevel 3
Jan Hope wrote:

titaniumtux

Also, TELUS VoLTE is only available in AB and BC. It is far from perfect.
+ Manitoba apparently.
Userlevel 6
Jan Hope wrote:

titaniumtux

Too funny. AFAIK, Bell has it on select devices (Samsung Galaxy S6 and the latest iPhones). At first it was exclusive to subscribers with 416/647/437 numbers, but should be nation-wide now. Not too useful given that aside iPhone users, that leaves almost no one with VoLTE. I hope they also change that soon.
Userlevel 4
It is good to know some Real News about it and not some rumors. I hope that Telus is going to implement VoLTE for Koodo  as soon as possible. For some users it is the deal breaker if they are going to stay with Koodo in the future.

Some users are not aware of the benefits of using VoLTE, yet. 
Userlevel 6
Jan Hope wrote:

It is good to know some Real News about it and not some rumors. I hope that Telus is going to imp...

I'm pretty sure I'm not aware of most of the benefits of VoLTE. Most 2016 handsets are VoLTE-ready, so it's about time the networks support it.
Still not a deal-breaker for me, I keep coming to Koodo for my phones because of the smashing deals across activation credits, refer a friend credits, tab subsidy, self-serve free number porting and new activation.gift cards, plus the fact that Koodo has the best selection of Lenovorola's, and I can't seem to get away from that brand.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

It is good to know some Real News about it and not some rumors. I hope that Telus is going to imp...

Any word on when wifi calling is coming to koodo mobile in Quebec
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

No, we don't know when it's coming.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

Thanks Robert
Userlevel 3
Jan Hope wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. It's definitely not a deal breaker because you're still getting an amazing network with really good speeds at a reasonable price but I'm in situations a lot where the wifi is really strong and my phone service isn't. So I really hope this comes soon. It's been a really long wait.