Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why should i stay with YOU?

Why should I stay with Koodo? I have been on hold for one hour and ten minutes. Its insane! Either have Chat on your sebsite or at least someone I can call. A community of Koodo Masters who may or may not answer your question. I want to know two simple things. If tab is paid am i charged a tab fee any more. With my current plan what are the costs of getting an iphone 6. Pretty simpel but not for the HAPPY at koodo! Customer for SIX YEARS!!!!!!!

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Neil,

We are always here to help! What is your question and we can definitely give you a hand. 
78 m,onyhs of fully paid bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and this is how im treated!!!!! reasopn weird typing? im using to handhelds to try to get an agent!!!!!!!!!!
how do i cancel my phone online!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Userlevel 7
Hi Neil!

Thanks for remaining calm and courteous to those of us who are just trying to help you!

There isn't much reason to stay with Koodo, however they have the same prices as everyone else. Although Fido offers spotify premium for free and Virgin has some other cool promotions all the time, all for the same cost as Koodo! If you want to swap phone companies, then don't worry about cancelling with Koodo and just go to your carrier of choice to activate there, they can port your number over and it will automatically cancel your account with Koodo.
Userlevel 7
As for your Tab, once the tab is payed off, you are no longer charged a tab fee! It disapears like magic!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/iphone-6-16-gb
Here you can see the costs for an iphone 6. If you are not on a tab plus plan, then look to the first and second price points.

So you guys arent paid by koodo? You just volunteer your time to answer people questions. Saints! Thank You Matt i will cancel. 
Userlevel 7
Neil wrote:

So you guys arent paid by koodo? You just volunteer your time to answer people questions. Saints!...

Nope! We are not paid by Koodo whatsoever!
Neil wrote:

So you guys arent paid by koodo? You just volunteer your time to answer people questions. Saints!...

Its crazy then that you are doing their job. I for one am leaving./ I have now been on the phone for two hours. Is there a way to cancel online or do i have to spend half a night on the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Neil wrote:

Are you going with another provider and will you keep your number? In that case you can just port your number out and avoid the call 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Neil wrote:

Just sign up with your new provider and ask them to port in your Koodo number, Koodo will be informed clearly and will close your services sending you a final bill and then your all done. Best of luck.
Neil wrote:

Thank You all. You have been very helpful to a rude person. I have no idea why you area ll volunteering this time to a company that treats their customers in this manner. Before this experience I was ready to purchase an iphone six and be with koodo for another ten years or so. oh well. Have a nice day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Neil wrote:

I'm not sure how you were treated badly, was it the long wait on the phone? As for volunteering here, yes we enjoy it and try to be helpful but we're not 100% philanthropic either... The Mobile Masters do get perks such as testing new phones and we've also been invited to HQ a few times. We've been treated pretty good overall, sorry you didn't experience the same!
Neil wrote:

Working as a Koodomobile Technical Service Rep for 6 years, I do have a favorable biased opinion towards Telus/Koodo.  Koodo were the first cell company to have service in areas that others could not have. Tbaytel (Thunder Bay) once advertised that they could be anywhere where no one wants to be.  I called Tbaytel and told them to take down that bill board advertisement because it was not true.  Truth be told, they just wanted to keep the monopoly on this area.  Well the CRTC says no.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Neil Lots of companies have forums (Apple to Sephora) to allow customers to either help one another, identify problems etc.

As far as your question....once your tab is paid off no more tab charges so your bill will shrink by that amount.

iPhone six pricing can be found here: https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/iphone-6-16-gb

Retail price means you pay full up front. The tab price is financing and you would take on paying for the phone over a period. Your current would need to be changed for tab plus eligibility.