Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why my iphone is locked?

ok Hi my name is Maria i got an iphone last year with koodo im back in Colombia for holidays trying to use my iphone with different carrier and i cant .. so i was wondering why my iphone is bloecked if i paid the full price for, so when i want to use with different company i be able to do so..is this a type a policy? what i have to do to unlocked it??

10 replies

Userlevel 2
You will need to call Koodo to get the unlock code. It will cost $50 to unlock the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you buy your phone from a carrier it comes locked to it automatically even if you paid the full price. If you buy it from Apple then it's going to be unlocked but you'll have to pay a little bit more.
Userlevel 5
You can also purchase an unlock code from other sites since they are much cheaper.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

You can also purchase an unlock code from other sites since they are much cheaper.

Iphones don't unlock with codes though. The iphone unlock is software based.
Userlevel 7
John Lee wrote:

also 3rd party iphone factory unlocks tend to be very expensive.
Userlevel 4
It doesn't matter if you paid full price for it. Most phones are locked to the provider you got them with. The Nexus line of phones are always factory unlocked.
Userlevel 7
joe jas wrote:

Hi you can easily unlock your iphone by using remote unlock method. If you need remote unlocking ...

^Spam
Userlevel 1
If you paid the full price, you should have bought it directly from Apple and not get burned by the devil.
Userlevel 1
Koodo Customer wrote:

If you paid the full price, you should have bought it directly from Apple and not get burned by t...

And yet you have service with koodo so what does say about you? Really was no need for you to bash Koodo and call them the "Devil", especially when this process is the same with every carrier.
Userlevel 1
Koodo Customer wrote:

If you paid the full price, you should have bought it directly from Apple and not get burned by t...

If this post was on another provider's website, I'd say the same thing for them. They're not different.