Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is your Self Serve app going backwards?

Userlevel 3
Did someone seriously think that it would be better to send the customer to the website and make them log in again to make a payment when they are already logged into the Self Serve app?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It has been mentioned on the forums that the app is reaching the end of its life and will probably be gone this year. I would just bookmark the login page for self serve on your internet as it is the same as what you are seeing and will likely be what you have to do in the future anyways.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you not able to make a payment via the website?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The app didn't bring any "cool" or useful feature more then the website, so basically it's going to be discontinued as Allan said.
Userlevel 3
I hadn't even used the app in months. Just tried to make a quick payment. I think the website should go, not the app. The website did not get any better after they changed it. It became laggy. Why does it always take 23 seconds for Self Serve to load after clicking Log In?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not Jean-Pierre Blais wrote:

I hadn't even used the app in months. Just tried to make a quick payment. I think the website sho...

It doesn't. Mine loads in nothing flat, even with a 1-bar wifi signal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I hadn't even used the app in months. Just tried to make a quick payment. I think the website sho...

I agree I preferred the app it was simple and straightforward and made things very quick so it's not just you Not Jean.
Userlevel 3

It does for me, and has been that way for months. What I use(d): 2 different Koodo accounts with Google Chrome on Windows, Internet Explorer on Windows, and Safari on iPhone with LTE, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@NJPB Credit card security regulations necessitated the payment function to be redirected to the website. Knowing that we were planning of migrating the app users to the mobile site we weren't going to invest additional dollars in something with a short shelf life. 

App adoption across the telco industry has faded significantly over the years as websites got a mobile makeover. The vast majority of users don't use telco apps. People have other apps that keep close their heart or in this case their screen. The small set of users that do use the app a telco app is to track data usage. Accounts for over 70% of transactions. Since the introduction of our shock-free-data plans checking usage has collapsed. We now send notification and pause data use once customers have reached their allotted bucket for the month. The app has plenty of shortcomings. Can change plans, can't see tab balance and a slew of other functions. Having an app is not free for businesses. It's quite costly. Adding those functions and continue to have a dual world did not make sense especially in light limited customer demand. These are just a few reasons why we lost our appetite about apps for telcos. But that's just us. Surely, there are opposing views, and that's why this is a beautiful country! We are all entitled to our own opinions. 🙂   
Userlevel 3

TELUS My Account app doesn't have such a problem, and keeps getting updates. Okay, maybe they don't give you enough money, that is fine, but why does the website take exactly 23 seconds to log in?
Here is a screen recording. The speed test at the beginning is to show that the internet speed or ping is not the problem. It takes 23 seconds on Koodo LTE as well.

[i]
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just logged into my Koodo account on an iPhone 5. Not on LTE. 6 seconds. 5 seconds to log into my CIBC account. 7 to my hydro account. Average login time from our backend reporting as of right now 4.23 seconds. Concurrent users are not at their highest point to be fair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mine took 10 seconds to load.. So I guess it's nothing abnormal compared to other logins
Userlevel 3

If you want to see more, here you go. LTE. 23 seconds.

[i]

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, it took 17 seconds on mobile for me. At least, we now know it's not a problem related to your account only. 
Userlevel 3

And does Bernard have anything to say about this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just logged on in 8 seconds via LTE, and 7 seconds via my home internet. Some of us are getting in faster than others and as Bernard said, the average time was 4.23 seconds so to me it doesn't seem like Koodo's problem.
Userlevel 3

Okay, so, 23 seconds of delay when using a Koodo iPhone on Koodo's LTE to log in to Koodo's Self Serve is not Koodo's problem. Sounds about right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The more subs on the account the longer it takes to serve up the info folks. Just more data to fetch. NJPB, it looks like you have 3. Is your experience where I'd like it to be? No. We are looking at what can be further optimized, although it's not a simple exercise. Given that most of our customers have a single line this has't been an issue for the majority. 
Userlevel 3

You could ask your friends at TELUS. Takes less than 10 seconds to log into an account with 10 lines, which is their maximum for consumer accounts.