Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is there sometimes a 30 minute delay in receiving texts on iphone?

Sometimes I don't get my texts for 30 minutes. This is between two iphones on Koodo. (iphone 5s & iphone 4). Any ideas why? This has happened on wifi and on 3g. Does it have to do with the iphone 4 being too slow?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Both of you should restart your phones (turn them off and back on). And are you talking about actually text messages (green) or iMessages (blue)? If one of you doesn't have iMessage, then I suspect the issue is that your phone/his phone is trying to send the message as an iMessage and then when it can't, it sends as a text.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Both of you should restart your phones (turn them off and back on). And are you talking about act...

I have seen delays of 3+ hours on rare occasion for iMessage or Text (SMS) delivery. Can especially be a problem if the receiving phone is off, or in a no service zone when the SMS is sent. And remember, SMS and iMessage follow two entirely different paths, as indicated by Ahmad. If you let us know which service you are using we can likely help you further troubleshoot. It does not have anything to do with the iPhone 4 being an older phone, but if you are looking for a reason to upgrade, I didn't say anything..........
So both are blue iMessage texts. It seems to be only me having a 30 minute delay in receiving texts occasionally. Once we start texting each other all is good. But if we're quiet for an hour and the other person texts me, those texts will be delayed. Once I was at Starbucks wifi and the other time using 3g.
Ronni wrote:

So both are blue iMessage texts. It seems to be only me having a 30 minute delay in receiving tex...

Did this ever get fixed? I had the same exact issue yesterday!!! What gives?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe the problem is from the other end. Try with someone other with an iPhone
This just started happening to be too. I miss a lot of group texts, but now the delay Ronnie mentions between just an individual text started up too. This is beyond frustrating.