Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is my phones connecting to data?

I have not authorized data on my plan yet I seem to be able to connect to the internet outside of WiFi areas. I do not wish to pay for data. Can you explain?

5 replies

You need to disable the data on your device, koodo is set up for pay per use data. Doesnt matter you want to use data or not, the only way of avoiding it is by a device that doesnt use data (old phone) or disabling the data on your phone. Very easy fix, you can google the type of phone you have and see how to do it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Paul... As PZABOY the best way will be to disable the Data on your iPhone, you can go to settings, general, then cellular and disable the data... Smartphones are phones conceived to use data, but is not mandatory to have it on, so just turn it off and enjoy wifi...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't want to use data at all and just use it over wifi only then give Koodo a call and request a data block be put onto your account. Keep in mind you won't be able to use data at all if you do this until you call and remove the data block, so if you think you'll use data sometimes then definitely do what was suggested above.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you don't want to use data at all and just use it over wifi only then give Koodo a call and re...

If you want to receive picture messages don't block your data because pictures use data to send and receive over text, keep in mind you are not charged for that data usage (as long as your plan Includes unlimited pic/text)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you don't want to use data at all and just use it over wifi only then give Koodo a call and re...

If that's the case and you want to be able to send pics but don't want to use internet then follow the way to do this given by Chad in this thread http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/packet_data_picture_messaging