Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is it not free in store

Ipho e 6s free online but went to get in store but not free but it doesn't say online only

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How much was it in store? Are you sure it was on the Tab L? Because sometimes the phone in store might be advertised on Tab M...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you show the store the online website price?
Yes I am sure. I had them show me both. Also when I went to Wal-Mart they were 0 dollars there as well with Koodo. The only place that it wasn't 0 dollars was the kiosk. I did show him the price and he said I do t in. So we left
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Crystal Wheeler wrote:

Yes I am sure. I had them show me both. Also when I went to Wal-Mart they were 0 dollars there as...

No store would want to turn away a sale Crystal. 🙂 There must be something else at play. Which kiosk was it? 

Also, if you mean by free that you come into a store they hand you the phone and you can walk away with it, that's not the case. Some phones are zero dollars on various tab sizes. And you have to have tab room on your account as well. 
Crystal Wheeler wrote:

Yes I am sure. I had them show me both. Also when I went to Wal-Mart they were 0 dollars there as...

Owen sound Ontario. I know it's not free. It's 0 dollars with a tab large. His computer was showing it for 100 on tab large or 2 something on tab medium
I'm having the same problem, currently a Koodo customer with own phone. Iphone 6S shows online at $190 w/tab medium. went to kiosk @ Erin Mills, their system shows $290 w/tab medium so was told to go online and purchase. Added item to cart and logged into account, 6S is now $410 w/tab medium. I don't understand why, and spent several hours with CS trying to resolve the differences. awaiting a call back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

I'm having the same problem, currently a Koodo customer with own phone. Iphone 6S shows onli...

This is weird, because I just tried and it seemed to be wokring. Didn't order it, but here's the final bill. Vince, were you at the same store? Is your Tab 0?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

I'm having the same problem, currently a Koodo customer with own phone. Iphone 6S shows onli...

Ok folks, got an update, that price is for online purchases only.
Vince wrote:

Then why was I able to buy it for 0 dollars down? I called a few places and they were all the same price. My mom also got one for 0 dollars at a store as well
Vince wrote:

Ok, I have no problem purchasing online, but the price jumps up even higher than the in store price when in my cart in self serve. (see my reply below)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

Ok folks let me check with the team what's going on.
No, i was at the Erin Mills location in Mississauga. I have a medium tab plan without a current tab device (brought over an unlocked phone from another carrier). I was hoping to get the Iphone 6S that currently shows a online price of $190, but when I add to my cart in self serve, the price becomes $410 with a medium tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

No, i was at the Erin Mills location in Mississauga. I have a medium tab plan without a current t...

Still looking into this Vince. Looks like the issue somehow tied to your account as we can't replicate it on our. And we sold lots of these phones without any issue for others. Here is what I see when I log in and try to buy it tab medium:

As soon as I have something that explains why you are not seeing the above we'll let you know. 

Vince wrote:

No, i was at the Erin Mills location in Mississauga. I have a medium tab plan without a current t...

Ok, thanks for your help.
I did notice the activation credit does get applied when I change the plan to a "Tab Large", but not when I keep my current "Tab Medium".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

Looks like I have the same error Bernard. Seems to be related to that "special deal" where we get 20$ bill credit

Vince wrote:

This is happening to me as well. When I'm logged out I can see the discounts, and they remain the same when I try either of my parents' accounts... But when I log in, the savings drop to $5. If it helps, I have the $20 bill credit and my parents have the $50 bill credit.
Vince wrote:

Robert & Vince, is it working properly for you now? The bill credit offer is gone for me, and now the prices are back to normal. 
Vince wrote:

Yes, working for me now. I was able to purchase the phone. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

Ok, glad to hear things are back in order. I was just about to message and ask. Thanks for your patience folks!
Vince wrote:

I went to bestbuy on March 17th, and purchased an iphone 6S for 0 down on Tab Medium, 65.00 1GB plan with 3 bonus gigs for the length of my contract. So 4GB plan. Canada Wide Everything. Pleased but was really hoping for a plus. 6S plus is unavailable through providers yet you can order it through Apple. Sad really. So satisified with my plan but disappointed with the phone size. Still considering buyers remorse.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince wrote:

There is nothing stopping you from buying from Apple
Vince wrote:

You should also be within the time frame to return the 6s if you aren't happy with it.