Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why hasn't my data renewed in my new billing cycle?

My online account shows it has reset yesterday, and no usage in the new billing cycle but my iphone says I've used my limit (from the old cycle).  How can I fix this lag?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The date cycle for your phone is likely off from your billing cycle. If you go into data in settings you should be able to change it to match your billing cycle.
Goran wrote:

The date cycle for your phone is likely off from your billing cycle. If you go into data in setti...

I've tried to change the dates on my phone to match my billing cycle, but I don't know how--nothing I've tried has worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The date cycle for your phone is likely off from your billing cycle. If you go into data in setti...

If you're on Android, you will have to set a data limit before you can modify the dates.
Goran wrote:

I did set a data limit 2 weeks ago, so that doesn't seem to be it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Go to settings, mobile data, turn on your data, click the dates, there will be an option to change cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The iPhone data counter does not automatically reset. It needs to be done manually each month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

The iPhone data counter does not automatically reset. It needs to be done manually each month.

Learn something new every day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Worst feature ever of the iPhone!
David wrote:

How do I manually reset the data counter on an iphone???
Userlevel 6
David wrote:

Scroll all the way down and you'll find the [b]Reset Statistics button which tapping that will allow you to [b]reset the cellular [b]data usage counter for all the apps and services. Tap on the [b]Reset Statistics option to confirm your action.

https://docs.oseems.com/general/gadget/iphone/view-reset-cellular-network-data-usage[b]iphone/view-[b]reset-cellular-network-[b]data-[b]usage
David wrote:

Thanks! Funny how a fancy iphone cannot set itself to my billing cycle!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Since billing periods could be from a few days to infinity, it is very difficult for a manufacturer to determine how long a period to set. On Koodo, while most plans reset monthly, prepaid data does not. On Public Mobile, periods might be 10, 30, or 90 days. On Freedom Mobile, the reset time is effectively never, as they claim to offer unlimited minutes and data on their plans. Do you begin to see the difficulty of setting a billing period for usage calculations?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

You can also download apps to keep track of this if you want to see app by app usage. If not you can just view the usage by logging into self serve. Agreed that its silly they dont have something built in though.