Koodo Community

Community

Why doesn’t US easy roam work? What variables play in to it not working?

Using iPhone 7 I got the text when I entered US saying plan was activated. Could see the carrier AT&T

15 replies

it may show at&t and koodo is recognizing you are out of our network but you wont be charged until you make a call or send a text message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you turn on data roaming on your iphone7, your iPhone is properly using data from AT&T already for mail and others app. And that trigger the start of easyroam, I believe.
I get that part but I would rather have connection - no internet service is painful. I am trying to understand what variables play in so it doesn’t work
Data roaming was on - no internet connection
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy wrote:

Did you have the add-on easyroam on your account? (through selfserve or text ROAM to 7626)
Wendy wrote:

Thru self serve added easy roam
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pull out your Sim card. Put it back in. Restart your phone. Cycle airplane mode. Let us know if it doesn't work.
Too late. I am back home now. What would pulling out the SIM card have done??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy wrote:

Too late. I am back home now. What would pulling out the SIM card have done??

Properly just trying to put the phone to restart recognizing the SIM and in that process, hopefully could clear any bugs that prevented you from easyroam.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It just helps with reconnecting sometimes. Sometimes a restart works and doesn't work. Sometimes pulling the sim card out does and doesn't work. Sometimes airplane mode does and doesn't work. You try all of them and it should make the connection work.
The restart I did try. On and off airplane mode was done when I was flying. So I will give SIM card a try next time. Is this just Koodo because of their arrangements (or lack of) with US carriers! Would the experience be better with one of the big carriers??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy wrote:

The restart I did try. On and off airplane mode was done when I was flying. So I will give SIM ca...

Hello there,

Is this just Koodo because of their arrangements (or lack of) with US carriers!

No it has nothing to do with that

Would the experience be better with one of the big carriers??

Nope, it is a local issue with your phone so there's surely a solution
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy wrote:

The restart I did try. On and off airplane mode was done when I was flying. So I will give SIM ca...

Very unlikely. Koodo wouldn't get far with collecting roaming revenue if it didn't have agreements in place. I'm not sure if AT&T is the exclusive roaming partner or not these days. They could have had issues themselves as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just wanted to add that Easy roam is exclusively a BILLING add on. It has absolutely no bearing on whether your phone is able to connect to the network. It simply makes sure you don't pay through the nose to do so.
Ohh ok that puts some perspective around this issue . Thank you!