Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why do I have an additional charge this month for Data?

I do not know why | have an additional $10 on my bill this month because of data use.  I have not changed any usage as far as I know.  This has happened before and the charge was not legitimate.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can view page 3 of your invoice, Caron, and see why the extra charge is there. Could it be a data overage perhaps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HI Carol - to confirm, does your phone number end in 024?
If so, it looks like the bulk of your usage occurred on September 27 where you went over your monthly allotment of 500 MB and consumed an additional 559 MB on that day alone (which is the reason for the $10 charge). Do you recall any reason for the heavy usage? (streaming video's that day, friend/relative borrow your phone for something, etc?)
Is there any way I can talk to someone on the phone without being charged for the call?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carol Crerar wrote:

Is there any way I can talk to someone on the phone without being charged for the call?

It depends, Carol........ if it is something we here can help you with, Koodo seems to have gotten slightly stricter with charging for calls. Can we help you here perhaps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carol Crerar wrote:

The 24 line Carol has exceeded it allotted data for the month and overage rate that generated the $10 charge. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Carol, you have two lines. The one ending with 24 has had a fair amount of data use. That's what explains the charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carol you can look in your phone settings and see Data usage since the data usage number was last manually reset.  it will also show which app is using data