Koodo Community

Community

Why charged for overseas data when it shows 0 MB

Hi. Didn’t use overseas data but charged 5 cad. Why ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So are you over your data?

Looks like that was the time the charge took effect when you went over your data for that day.
No buddy. I was in the US and didn’t have my data package on. However, 0 MB usage so why charged.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jaspalsingh wrote:

No buddy. I was in the US and didn’t have my data package on. However, 0 MB usage so why charged.

So on that day, you were in the US for couple of hours and back? Did you turn off data usage in your phone and disable data roaming?

$5 is the minimum charge of data on first 20MB roaming.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jaspalsingh wrote:

Than it was likely that 0.005MB of data leakage occured.  When you bill comes in, I'm sure you can contact Koodo and they can reverse that charge
jaspalsingh wrote:

It’s 0 MB usage. Not even .0005 mb How do I contact Koodo ? Phone or email. Do you have their contacts. Do they charge for contacting them ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jaspalsingh wrote:

It likely rounded down. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter. As for calling you can call 611. No there is no charge except getting them to do something that you can do yourself in self-serve and you cannot dispute charges by yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jaspalsingh wrote:

Did you get the detailed pdf ebill with this $5 charge yet?