Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am I not able to send and receive texts with pictures?

I have my own iphone 4 and am on Koodo's base plan that includes unlimited messaging (text & picture). Its worked great for months and suddenly this month I can send & receive basic texts but for some reason any message with a picture will not be delivered or received. What do I do??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you change your plan? Did you close data?
I never had data. I'm on the basic prepaid plan with unlimited messaging. I pay extra for talk minutes. Nothing has changed. My automatic monthly payment just went through and that's when pictures suddenly stopped sending. Do I need to go into a Koodo store?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michelle Michaely wrote:

I never had data. I'm on the basic prepaid plan with unlimited messaging. I pay extra for talk ...

A phone call to Koodo would save you the trip to a store. Contact information is in the link at the bottom of the page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data was always required for picture messages (MMS), but data used for MMS was always free. Are you sure that you weren't using iMessage over WiFi when you were sending pictures previously?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
im well aware this post is a year old, but for anyone else wondering the same thing, Even if you dont have data on your plan, turn the data slider to the ON position to send or receive a picture MMS. When you are done sending or receiving that picture message, turn it back off.