Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am I getting charged 1-800 numbers ?

I see on my bill this month charges for 1-800 numbers - why?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you call them? There are some 1-8xx numbers that are chargeable calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1-800 numbers are free of Long Distance charges, but the local minutes to connect you to the network are still billed at you local minute rate. This is no different than when you might have used a landline. Since landlines include unlimited local calls, toll-free numbers picked up the LD or "Toll" portion of the call. For folks with a local minutes only plan, 1-800 numbers still save them the LD portion of the call.

David wrote:

1-800 numbers are free of Long Distance charges, but the local minutes to connect you to the netw...

Oh really?  Who was the genius that figured out that form of revenue generation?  Never in my entire life, have I had to pay for making a 1-8xx call!  Now, it looks like they've discovered new ways to screw us! 
David wrote:

1-800 numbers are free of Long Distance charges, but the local minutes to connect you to the netw...

If you are on a plan with limited minutes why do you figure that Koodo should let you phone 800 numbers and not count towards your minutes? 

You will find that every other mobile provider does the same thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Cellular cost free calls are the lines with the * before the number. In those instances the call is free of charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This charge would be for minutes used over your monthly limit not for the long distance charges of the call itself