Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am I being charged for data I haven't used?

My monthly bill last month had a data charge on it, and I have had the data turned off since then because I didn't want to pay the extra data charge again. Now my bill this month also has a data charge however my data has not been turned on since then.

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi Kaitlyn!

I see that you don't have a data block on your account. If you don't have a data block added through your account, there are still ways that data can be used unbeknownst to you even if you have blocked data in your settings.

I suggest that you restrict background data and make sure that your apps are not refreshing by themselves.

Here's how:

1) Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > turn off and make sure that all apps are turned off.

2) Go to Settings > Cellular > Use Cellular data for > Make sure all apps are turned off.

That should stop background data from being used 🙂

If ever you decide to add a data block that still allows you to send and receive picture messages, that service costs 2$ a month.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can I request an employee to resolve my issue? I have not used data, not in background apps or anything similar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kaitlyn wrote:

Can I request an employee to resolve my issue? I have not used data, not in background apps or an...

Your best option would be to send a private message to them on facebook