Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Where do I buy a prepaid SIM card ?

I bought a SIM card at Walmart and am having trouble hooking it up . Do I need a prepaid SIM card or is there such a thing?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes there are postpaid and prepaid SIM cards, you can buy one at your local Koodo kiosk just specify you need a prepaid SIM Card.
My daughter's friend was in Grand Prairie Alberta and want to buy a sim card for her prepaid phone and they wouldn't sell her one unless they could activate it.  She already has a prepaid account just needs a new sim card what can she do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Terry LeFurgey wrote:

My daughter's friend was in Grand Prairie Alberta and want to buy a sim card for her prepaid phon...

ebay.ca often has them available. Make sure the size and type (prepaid) are right for your phone.
Terry LeFurgey wrote:

My daughter's friend was in Grand Prairie Alberta and want to buy a sim card for her prepaid phon...

Thanks! I will tell her that. 

Userlevel 7
Terry LeFurgey wrote:

The only reason the store would want to activate it themselves is if its a dealer and they wanted to charge her extra to activate it, which is scummy. Corporate stores actually won't even activate it for you and make you do it yourself. Crazy how your daughter experienced the opposite of what people usually experience
Userlevel 6
Terry LeFurgey wrote:

Hey Terry! Can you let us know which store she went to? I would like to send feedback to them.  They should have been able to sell her a SIM card to replace her current one with no issues. Thank you 🙂