Koodo Community

When will wifi calling be available?

• 25 February 2018
  • 42 replies

Show first post

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Talk about disingenuous if so. May as well wait until he's back to double check.
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...So my story goes like this. I moved 6 months ago to a location that does not have great cell phone service. After talking to a rep at kiosk about the problem they told me I would probably need a new phone because the old phone could not keep up with the new technologies. Sigh. I bought a new iphone for over $1000.00 and have the same problem. After a little research on my own I find this forum that tells me that I can get service if I buy another new phone at a cost of over $1000.00. Lol. But don’t worry because the cell phone service that I am paying for will be available soon on my old phone. But nobody really knows how soon. I gotta admit that this is one of the greatest marketing ploys I have ever seen. Sell a service and phones that do not work and promise you a fix for the problem soon. Did you guys ever think about running for a political office. I bet this post gets edited.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...What was your old phone? Sorry to hear that's what you were told. Twice. There are phones with better signal reception but they're not necessarily the most expensive ones. The blackberry z30 remains there phone with the best reception I've ever had, for instance. Well Koodo for reasons doesn't seem to want to unveil things until pretty much last second. You can say to keep things vague to make you pay more. Maybe that's one reason. Another is this way they don't promise anything and don't miss deadlines if there are none announced.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Getting a mixed cell / wifi network up and running is not exactly a trivial endeavour. When it works its great, but not all handsets will be capable of the task.

Had a similar experience as Reg above a number of years ago when the damage was only in the hundreds of dollars. Reception quality is probably the last thing you can actually research or the salesman wants to talk about Resolution, RAM, camera, etc but never anything about how good a phone the damn thing is.

I moved to a rural area and my Bell phone stopped working, so I got told the "story", but to add icing on the cake, they insisted that I couldn't upgrade just yet, but had to live out the last few months of my contract as is or pay for 2 contracts. Went to a rural Telus store, told them my problem and the manager replied: "I live not far from you. After work I'll call your landline from the top of your driveway and see if we can connect."

[i]SOLD.

And the rest is history. It's not fair to paint everyone in the industry with the same brush. There are some gems out there in the gravel.
Userlevel 4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Still waiting lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...So is everyone else until it comes out. Periodically saying you're still waiting ain't gonna change their release schedule.
Userlevel 4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...I know but it feels good
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...There are other ways of making that happen
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Soon, very soon, at least for iPhones 6 and up.
Userlevel 1
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...I received a notification on my phone to update carrier settings this morning and Wifi calling is now available on my iphone 🙂
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Enjoy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...It will not be available on prepaid.
Any idea when more phones will be compatible with wifi calling? I have an Essential phone and terrible reception at my house, I can't wait to be able to use wifi calling and stop missing calls...
Badge +4
Any idea when more phones will be compatible with wifi calling? I have an Essential phone and ter...No, its basically just a waiting game. The essential phone might not even be on their list to get it.
It’s finally here!!!!!!! Just got it on my iPhone!
Userlevel 4
Any word on the next software update for the WiFi calling what phones will be added next
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope. As per usual Koodo isn't saying much. You'll likely hear about it first via a leak on mobilesyrup or iPhone in Canada or some other site.