When will wifi calling be available?

• 25 February 2018
  • 42 replies

Userlevel 1
(empty)

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's already a very long thread about it. We don't know when. What we do know is that details will be announced on the launch of WiFi calling in a few weeks.
There's already a very long thread about it. We don't know when. What we do know is that details ...Well, 3 weeks have passed......

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's already a very long thread about it. We don't know when. What we do know is that details ...They sure have. Guess Koodo needs more time.
Userlevel 1
Thank you! I’ll keep a lookout, it’s a feature I used a lot in Telus that I’m missing since switching!
Userlevel 4
I was with Telus for 12 years prepaid and switched to Koodo because i got better plans with Koodo what kind of phone did you use for the WiFi calling on telus i am hoping that Koodo gets the WiFi calling soon i am holding off on buying a new phone for now to see witch cellphone that will work on the WiFi calling was thinking of getting the Lgg6 i have the lgg4 love it a great phone for taking pictures and videos
Userlevel 1
I had an iPhone 6s. I switched for the cheaper plan also... but am missing wifi calling... I’m due for an upgrade but undecided which phone I want....Ive had iPhones forever... LG G6 looks like a nice phone tho
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now considering switching because: A. I work in a remote location with no cell coverage. B. Communications in this area are difficult. C. Everyone else has wifi calling that I am working with because they are with other providers. I thought because they all had iphones that was why I didnt have the option (galaxy S8) but turns out it is just a KOODO PROBLEM!!!!!!!! Not happy. Get on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/koodo-volte-and-wi-fi-calling
They're slowly but surely getting there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Koodo will do it when it does it. You'll jus travel to accept, for better or for worse, that Koodo just doesn't add these things as fast as anyone else.
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...I recently moved to an area that the cell phone coverage is weak. I have waited patiently for a notice of when they are enabling wifi calling on iphones but little has been said. I have been with Kodoo for a long time. Sad to go but having a phone with no service is useless and living in the north without a phone is risky.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Understandable. You gotta do what you gotta do. The hope I presume is shortly but what can you do until then.
Userlevel 4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...I think lot's of people is waiting on the WiFi calling even myself because i live in a place where the cellphone service is very poor to and work where cellphone single poor but got wifi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...It'll come, we just have to wait for it (hard, I know...).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...In case you didnt see, VoLTE was recently released for the LG V30. It's only a matter of time before we get wifi calling now!
Userlevel 4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Thanks Allan i saw the V30 looks like a nice phone just dont like it on the tab large and i know i can get it on tab med but don't want to pay $370 lol think i just have to wait like everyone else and it's hard and hopefully it will come soon with more phones being added
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...I got the LG v30 2 days ago, yesterday it received software update and after that, wifi calling works wonderfully! I tested it by putting the phone on airplane mode, turn on wifi. Able to make outgoing call and receive incoming call. There is the wifi-calling icon on top left of the screen when it's ON.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Glad to hear it's working properly.
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Awesome! I’m waiting patiently for my iPhone. I hope we are close for iOS.
Userlevel 4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...I was talking with a person at the regent mall on the phone in Fredericton and asking him about the WiFi calling he tried to tell me he had it on his Lgg6 would that be possible i am going there next Thursday some of those people some times don't know what there talking about and tell you anything to buy a new phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...It is not officially pushed to the G6, just the V30. From experience I agree strongly with your last statement.
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...If he was telling the truth, he would have showed you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...he might be granted special option to test the VoWIFI as well.

Normal users would have to wait for Koodo official announcement.
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...I doubt he was intentionally lying about it. Have them show you why they think they have it on the LG G6. He very well might not know what he's talking about.
Userlevel 4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...First of all the guy said got it on most all the phones that's when i figure that maybe he was talking about something different but i will be in Fredericton this week and see what he's talking about
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now cons...Maybe he's referring to something like Skype? Technically that's a form of calling over wifi but certainly not wifi calling in the aspect that we want.