Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will this stop being MY problem and start being YOUR problem?

WHEN CAN I EXCHANGE THE BUSTED IPHONE YOU GUYS GAVE ME LAST WEEK? Your exchange app is broken and wont let me exchange my phone in-store. When will it be fixed? I've wasted so much time trying to exchange this phone and you can't do it because of a computer problem.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Any iPhone problem must be directly be adressed to apple. Koodo has nothing to do with Apple devices except selling them. Any repair must be directed to the nearest Apple Store
Userlevel 7
What's wrong with the iPhone that you claim needs to be replaced?
sorry - very frustrated and upset. I have 2 kids under 3 yelling at me today. All fired up and nowhere to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry to hear that. Take an appointement to the nearest Apple store in your region! http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/geniusbar/
Userlevel 7
That's ok, just be calm. What's wrong with the phone? What troubles are you experiencing? Maybe we can help before you make a defective phone claim.
got an iphone last week, paid off my tab and got the medium tab for the 4S. The wifi on it isn't working properly - can't go further than 10ft from the wifi source before it drops the signal - if it can even pick it up in the first place. Lougheed kiosk has checked it out twice and tried to process an exchange as I am still within the first week. Received errors at the very end of the process and was told it couldn't be completed. At first I was told on Friday night, and then again on Saturday morning, that it was a problem with just Lougheed, and I could try another location. I went to Brentwood, where they tested it as well and also found it faulty. Same errors when I went to process the exchange. So now they tell me it's system-wide, and will probably be fixed after the long weekend. Check back on Tuesday. Came back to Lougheed Tuesday, had the kiosk manager check the problem again and tried to process the exchange. Again, we got the error and he placed a service call for the error to be addressed and fixed. He told me to check back in 48 hours. That was today. I called and was told the problem is still persistent and I will not be able to exchange my iphone yet. They could not tell me when or if the problem will ever be fixed. Very frustrated as it's been a week now, and even in my own house my phone is using up my 3G data. My wife has a 4S and has zero problems (we know it's not our router), on top of the problem being confirmed at two Koodo kiosks, three different times.
I'd rather not go to an apple store as they're pretty far out of the way for me, especially with the kids. Lougheed is just across the street from me and really handy. Plus, still within the first week of having it, so...should be an easy exchange by Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don Brackett wrote:

I'd rather not go to an apple store as they're pretty far out of the way for me, especially with ...

Well, I completly understand this, but considering the amount of time you'Ve lost going to your store... Only one visit to the Apple store would've solved it. So if you're looking at it from an overall point of view, you would've been more winner if you've went to an Apple store. That's just my opinion!
Userlevel 7
I'm surprised you even got a 4S to begin with, they've been discontinued by Koodo for a long time. The problem you'll face, even if Koodo can do the exchange, is finding another 4S unless they're just hiding them lol
Userlevel 6
Is it reall a 4S you got from them?
RudyW wrote:

yeah buddy I'm sure. how stupid do you think I am?
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

I mean no offense Don, but with replies like that, I hope you're not expecting too much help and/or sympathy.
RudyW wrote:

Well I'm sorry but I'm frustrated and being asked if I even know what phone I'm trying to use is a little irritating. Don't you think?
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

I don't Don. Not for a minute. For the simple fact that Koodo doesn't advertise the 4S anywhere, not on their website, not in stores, nowhere. For this reason, we're all dumbfounded they somehow sold you a 4S.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RudyW wrote:

You must understand that it is pretty odd that you got an iPhone 4S when Koodo discontinued them... This is why people are asking you if you got it from Koodo.
are you joking with me? they're fully stocked and advertised at the kiosk. are you sure that's the right approach to my complaint about trying to exchange the faulty product that I got from Koodo?
Userlevel 4
Don Brackett wrote:

are you joking with me? they're fully stocked and advertised at the kiosk. are you sure that'...

With that being said, They are probably selling the last of the stock they have, The 4s has been discontinued for at least a month or two.
Userlevel 2
This is odd. You're within 14 days, I don't see why they can't just do an exchange. If the system won't let them, they need to fix the system or figure out another way to facilitate the exchange. Maybe one of the Koodo employees on here can look into this for you. Certainly frustrating.
They say the only other way to do anything would be to return the phone to Koodo and wait for my tab to be reimbursed (1-4 days?) and then I could get another iphone with my tab again. Which is one way, sure, but...at least waiting this way I still have a phone to use, but what if it takes longer than my initial 14 days to fix the problem? Are they just going to tell me then that I'm out of luck?
Hey Don, please contact the Koodo Store @ Lougheed and speak with Aaron 604-444-4772
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What about a complete restore of the phone via iTunes? Have you tried this?
Userlevel 6
Wow, now this is impressive! Who would have thought you may get some help this quickly!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Wow, now this is impressive! Who would have thought you may get some help this quickly!

Why are you impressed?
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

I didn't think koodo paid this close attention to this forum. It looks like Bobby who posted above picked up on the issue and tried to help. He doesn't seem to be an official koodo person yet somehow he got involved. Conidering my experiences with big companies and corporte outfits I found thi quite impressive.
Userlevel 4
I'd just like to point out...frustrated or not, be polite. Anything else makes a person lose all credibility and no help is given. With the 14 policy, the store is the one to focus the concern with since it is their system that is malfunctioning. There are usually other options so the phone can be exchanged and I hope the number and name that Bobby posted above helps.