Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When I order a new phone do I get a phone number with it as Well?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. If it's a new account you'll need to activate the phone once received in order to be assigned a number. If you already have an account, you keep the number you have.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

No. If it's a new account you'll need to activate the phone once received in order to be assigned...

How do I activate it
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

No. If it's a new account you'll need to activate the phone once received in order to be assigned...

Hey Kerry! Do you currently have a Koodo account or will this be a new activation? If It's a new activation,  the phone will already be activated on the network once you receive it and you will be asked to pick a new phone number while purchasing the phone.   Hope this helps :) 
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Oh thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The sim will still need to be activated, will it not? Otherwise anyone who managed to intercept the shipment would be able to rack up charges on a customer's account.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

So if i ordered a phone online and i just got an email saying its been shipped. I'm a new customer when do i find out my phone number. and when i receive the phone in the mail how do I activate it. I have not had a cell phone in over 15 yrs im lost.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

So when i activate my SIM card il be given a phone number. The problem is to register to activate your SIM card u need to enter your Mobile number 
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Hey Ranae! Once you created your account online you also created your self-serve http://koo.do/1TlXgoX account.  Can you use your email and the password you chose to log in from there? You will be able to then update your SIM card.  You'll also receive instructions with the phone on how to activate it. Let us know if you have any other questions!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Hi!

If you currently have an active number with another carrier, is it possible to swap that number over to a koodo phone ordered online? Or will I have to get a new number?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You can definitely port in an active number from another carrier, but you may need to wait until you receive the phone before you are able to do so.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yes you can. Just make sure you don't cancel your other # til its done A friend of mine just did it 
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Awesome, thank you both for the quick responses!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Does this answer still apply if the phone is purchased online on a medium tab? My friend is looking to port a number from Bell, but lives 4 hours from a Koodo kiosk. He wants to take advantage of the promo priced iPhone SE, and the bonus data plans!
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Can you port a phone number from previous provider online?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yes. The amount with the previous provider must still be active in order to do so though.