Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When can we expect Wifi Calling on Koodo?

Userlevel 3
When can we expect Wifi Calling on Koodo? Telus launched it about 1 month ago, so you would figure Koodo their sub brand would jump on the train too but I guess not.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a sub-brand that's still run fairly autonomously. I believe that the plan is to roll it out but there is no time table that us here have been made privy to. Maybe an employee can say something if they know and are allowed to disclose it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They're working on implementing and it should be available from Koodo soon, there's not an official time frame so you'll just have to be patient and look for an announcement the service is available.
Userlevel 3
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

They're working on implementing and it should be available from Koodo soon, there's not an offici...

Now that the thread has been revived by someone: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soon
Userlevel 4
You would think koodo would know if the wifi calling would be available in the next one or two months where it would be a benefit even for my self where i only got one bar at most depending on where i am standing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lloyd Willett wrote:

You would think koodo would know if the wifi calling would be available in the next one or two mo...

Maybe they do, but are not telling us to tell you about it incase something goes wrong and it takes longer, than Koodo will have an army of angry people that want their promised WiFi calling.
Lloyd Willett wrote:

You would think koodo would know if the wifi calling would be available in the next one or two mo...

Would an Army of customers leaving Koodo for the other suppliers be a better situation??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lloyd Willett wrote:

If you want to leave that's your right. But I'm sure it's coming sooner than later.
Lloyd Willett wrote:

we are getting impatient in our rural community. my neighbour uses Rogers and has had wifi calling for a long time. mabye it is time to switch.  but i do like Koobo
Userlevel 3
Thank you all for the quick replies! I've never had one issue with koodo. It's just a problem when i don't have very good service. Hopefully Wifi Calling comes soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Donato Visions Rinaldi wrote:

Thank you all for the quick replies! I've never had one issue with koodo. It's just a problem whe...

Anytime man. That's why we're here.

Thank you all for the quick replies! I've never had one issue with koodo. It's just a problem whe...

I bought a Wilson booster to solved that problem but I wanna get rid of it. I'm wondering what is so long for Koodo to offer a Wi-Fi bridge and why they didn't asked Telus (big brother ) to help them on this matter
Userlevel 4

Wel been waiting for wifi calling to its been over 8 months now and still no word from koodo when they will have it thats a same if i see virgin mobile getting it i will stich to them because i live in a area where the cellphone service is very poor
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There doesn't appear to be a known rollout timeframe unfortunately.