Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What to do

I recently switched phones , to iphone 4s put in new sim card bought at koodo, on line service said it would take 15 mins but now ive been waiting 60 mins. is this normal should i wait all nite or is something wrong? i dunno

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Murray, Is the new SIM card activated? You could try to switch off your iPhone for a few minutes and then back on, does it show a network now?
Sophia wrote:

Hi Murray, Is the new SIM card activated? You could try to switch off your iPhone for a few mi...

the phone says koodo 15.5 in carrier box - is the sim card not activated when you buy it from koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Murray, Is the new SIM card activated? You could try to switch off your iPhone for a few mi...

Not necessarily, Murray, especially if you ordered it by mail it may not be activated. You might need to visit self service and add the SIM number to your account there.
Sophia wrote:

Thanks for your help problem fixed now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
DID you get the phone from Koodo or Telus? If not the phone will have to be unlocked before it will work on koodo or any other carrier other than the original carrier it was purchased from originally.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

DID you get the phone from Koodo or Telus? If not the phone will have to be unlocked before it wi...

unlock was done
Userlevel 1

DID you get the phone from Koodo or Telus? If not the phone will have to be unlocked before it wi...

Have you connected the phone to iTunes since the unlock was performed? Also you might just have to take the sim card out and then put it back in while the phone is off.
Userlevel 7

Just to add on to what Al said here is the link for updating carrier settings http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/iphone/how-do-i-activate-my-iphone It's worth a try 🙂 Also make sure you have 3g enabled on your phone and not set to 2g only or gsm only 🙂

Thanks for your help itunes was the answer problem fixed