Koodo Community

Community

Solved

what should i expect when my spending limit ends?

It's coming up to 6 months from when I opened my account with Koodo, and I'm hoping to be off of it so I can get myself a new phone, as I've been using my old unlocked phone thats starting to die on me. It'll be exactly 6 months on the 3rd of January. Do I have to call in, or can I just go to the mobile booth at a store that sells koodo phones and I should be fine or will I get an email or message or something? I paid all of my bills on time except one that was late (It was maybe...3 days late- a family member was in and out of the hospital at that time so I completely forgot to pay it by the date it was supposed to be) will this prevent me from getting off the limit? I'm so nervous because I really want a new phone lol!
icon

Best answer by Mayumi 1 January 2016, 17:41

According to their site, they will review your account after 6 month and they will send  you a letter to let you know if your SLP was removed.
 http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/spending-limit-program/is-the-spending-limit-program-permanent

You can upgrade your phone any time if you buy it outright. 
If you want to use a Tab, if I remember correctly, there are 2 type of SLP. One allowed to have a Tab up to $175 and the other to have $0.
You should call in and ask them which category you are in. Also they might be able to tell you when they will review your account.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
According to their site, they will review your account after 6 month and they will send  you a letter to let you know if your SLP was removed.
 http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/spending-limit-program/is-the-spending-limit-program-permanent

You can upgrade your phone any time if you buy it outright. 
If you want to use a Tab, if I remember correctly, there are 2 type of SLP. One allowed to have a Tab up to $175 and the other to have $0.
You should call in and ask them which category you are in. Also they might be able to tell you when they will review your account.