Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is the SIM card actually in charge of? Question about iPhone?

I have a phone with Koodo currently. I was given a new iPhone 5s that the SIM card I currently use will not fit in. I want to purchase a new SIM from Koodo. I know that that's not a problem, however I'm confused as to what exactly is TIED to my SIM. I know that it's a sort of ID/storage device so of course my number and contacts that are saved to it will be gone if I buy a new one - however does my SIM card card control my actual Koodo ACCOUNT? Or is the account separate and I can have another SIM card assigned to it? If not, I'm willing to sell the iPhone 5s and buy a new one through the Apple store or Koodo - I do not see an option to just buy the phone outright without the use of the tab on the website, am I not able to just buy the phone?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your koodo acount determines your phone number. The sim card gets registered to the account. From that point, all settings associated with that account get downloaded automatically to any compatible phone the sim card is inserted in, In other words, the sim card links the phone to the account.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Your koodo acount determines your phone number. The sim card gets registered to the account. Fr...

That's perfect then, thanks for clearing that up - I was totally wrong about how the sim cards work on Koodo. Glad to hear that they operate the way they do, that's a good system.