Community

Solved

What is the quality of a 'refreshed' phone? I'm looking into the iPhone 7

Refreshed phone

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Very good.

When you replace a damaged phone at the Apple store, they actually give you a refreshed one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lisa, the refreshed or refurbished phones are in as good of quality as a new phone or better as they are gone over when refurbished with a fine toothed comb making sure everything works correctly,where the mass produced ones are quickly checked. Cosmetically they are no different as brand new.
Dennis wrote:

Very good.

When you replace a damaged phone at the Apple store, they actually give you a refresh...

Thanks Dennis!  I'm looking at the refreshed iPhone 7 offered on Koodo online. Since it's not from an Apple store but from Koodo, would it still have the same good quality? 
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Lisa, the refreshed or refurbished phones are in as good of quality as a new phone or better a...

Thanks Paul!  I'm looking at the refreshed iPhone 7 offered on Koodo online. Since it's not from an Apple store but from Koodo, would it still have the same good quality? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi Lisa, the refreshed or refurbished phones are in as good of quality as a new phone or better a...

Yes it would!
Dennis wrote:

Very good.

When you replace a damaged phone at the Apple store, they actually give you a refresh...

I am a little confused, do you mean Refreshed or Refurbished?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Very good.

Yes it should be the same quality and would be warrentied by Apple the same.

Refreshed is Koodo's weird term
Bascially the same as refurbished or certified preowned 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as it is directly from Apple, and having 1 year manufacturer warranty, then you are good. Apple refurbished devices quality has been proven.
Thanks everyone! I'm looking at the refreshed iPhone 7 offered on Koodo online. Since it's not from an Apple store but from Koodo, would it still have the same good quality? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lisa Hecht wrote:

Thanks everyone! I'm looking at the refreshed iPhone 7 offered on Koodo online. Since it's not fr...

Yes, I once got a refurbished iPhone from Koodo (not Apple) and it was just perfect... no difference in quality except it was shipped in a different box.
Apple and Koodo refurbished iPhones are not the same.
Unlike Mobile Masters claim, there is a low chance but it is actually possible that Koodo will send you a phone that is not like new or perfect; scratches, dust under the screen, dead pixels, etc. but you can return it or ask for a replacement. [i]Firsthand experience.
You-Know-Who wrote:

Unlike Mobile Masters claim, there is ...

Hi! I'm also looking into a refurbished phone from koodo, and I was just wondering if they will 100% replace it if you're not happy or if I might be stuck with a phone that I don't think is a good enough quality? Its totally okay if you don't know the answer, I just thought I'd ask in case you did. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You-Know-Who wrote:

Unlike Mobile Masters claim, there is ...

You have 15 days to return a phone for any reason, except if you physically damage it during that time.