Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What do I need to do to if I am with a Bell monthly plan and switching over to Koodo prepaid?

I am currently with Bell on a monthly plan and would like to switch over to Koodo prepaid. I am planning to cancel my contract and unlock my phone. What are my next steps? Should I just go through with the cancellation and unlock my phone, then buy a Koodo prepaid nano sim card for iPhone 5? Will that automatically make me a Koodo prepaid customer? 
icon

Best answer by Mathieu 30 August 2015, 21:28

Hi Lia,

First off, before you do anything you will need to get your phone unlocked by Bell. After Bell has unlocked it, you will need to do a factory reset via itunes or directly off of your device to finish the unlocking process.

Now for the transfer to Koodo. You need to decide if you want a new phone number or keep your current number.

If you want to keep your number, go to a Koodo kiosk and tell them you want to activate your unlocked phone with Koodo on pre-paid. They will help you port your number over and activate your account. Koodo will also cancel your account with bell on your behalf. 

If you want to get a brand new number, then you can call bell up, tell them you want to cancel and then go to a Koodo kiosk and activate a pre-paid account similarly as the above paragraph states.

You will need to pick out a base-plan, you can read more about them here

You will also need to buy the Pre-paid SIM card that costs 20$.

For more FAQs about Koodo prepaid, check out this link.

Welcome to Koodo! Let us know if you have any other questions.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Lia,

First off, before you do anything you will need to get your phone unlocked by Bell. After Bell has unlocked it, you will need to do a factory reset via itunes or directly off of your device to finish the unlocking process.

Now for the transfer to Koodo. You need to decide if you want a new phone number or keep your current number.

If you want to keep your number, go to a Koodo kiosk and tell them you want to activate your unlocked phone with Koodo on pre-paid. They will help you port your number over and activate your account. Koodo will also cancel your account with bell on your behalf. 

If you want to get a brand new number, then you can call bell up, tell them you want to cancel and then go to a Koodo kiosk and activate a pre-paid account similarly as the above paragraph states.

You will need to pick out a base-plan, you can read more about them here

You will also need to buy the Pre-paid SIM card that costs 20$.

For more FAQs about Koodo prepaid, check out this link.

Welcome to Koodo! Let us know if you have any other questions.