Koodo Community
Solved

Website Not Accepting Credit Card to Buy Phone

I just switched to Koodo from Telus and am trying to buy an iPhone Xs Max which is only available online through Koodo but the website won't accept my card despite having enough room and my billing address being correct. I've tried two different cards and it keeps saying there's an issue with my card. I called the bank and they said it's an issue on Koodo's end. I've tried different computers and browsers and nothing is working.

I am very frustrated and if this isn't solved in the next couple of days I am switching back to Telus. My current phone is broken and I need a phone for work so I need help ASAP
icon

Best answer by Dennis 8 January 2019, 23:07

Does the names and address of your normal visa all match with your account/shipping address and name?

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure its a pure credit card and not like a Visa Debit. Eben though the option is there, the system does not accept Visa Debit.

Also the name and address on the credit card needs to match the shipping address and name
Make sure its a pure credit card and not like a Visa Debit. Eben though the option is there, the system does not accept Visa Debit.

Also the name and address on the credit card needs to match the shipping address and name

I've tried both Visa Debit and normal Visa and neither have worked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does the names and address of your normal visa all match with your account/shipping address and name?
Yes for both cards
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm.... are you on the spending limit program?
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/spending-limit-program
Hmm.... are you on the spending limit program?
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/spending-limit-program

I am not on that program
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it a canadian VISA card?
Is it a canadian VISA card?
Yes, TD Canada Visa
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you able to pay your bill on self serve with this normal visa too?