Koodo Community

Community

Solved

WE ARE FROM AÙSTRIA

Hello, my brother and me are going to live half a year in Motreal in a few months. We would like to call each other and our Family in Austria. Is it possible to use our own iPhone 5S or do we have to buy a phone? we would just Need a SIM-Card. Thanks for answering!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as your sim card is carrier unlocked and compatible with Koodo then getting a sim only is totally allowable
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... As Dennis said, if your iPhone is unlocked, you will be able to use with Koodo, on top, you will be able to get a 10% discount on your monthly plan and you will have access to awesome plans! To call Austria, you could have the LD saver for 3$ a month, you will get access to a rate of 0.05$/min... Welcome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... As Dennis said, if your iPhone is unlocked, you will be able to use with Koodo, o...

And if you decide to go prepaid, then 1 min international call = Deduct 5 talk minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... As Dennis said, if your iPhone is unlocked, you will be able to use with Koodo, o...

... and 5 talk minutes equals $0.25 per minute (with the purchase of the $25 booster) 🙂 However, for a family who wishes to be able to call each other within Canada, a regular plan might be better (calls are free for people on the same account). That combined with the $0.05 per minute to call back to Austria as Camilo mentioned, might make a plan a better choice in your case. Welcome to Canada by the way!
Userlevel 3
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-my-phone-will-work-on-the-koodo-network click here to check to see if your phone will work on Koodo's network. As for your long distance you can request a Long distance saver at $3 a month. This will provide you with a low rate of $0.05 per minute for Austria. To put icing on the cake since your bringing your own devices work and assuming your phones are compatibile you'd be eligible for a 10% discount on your monthly bills! NO CONTRACTS
Userlevel 5
I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure when it comes to 3G/HSPA all iPhone 5s are the same globally. It's the LTE that might not work, and in the topic creators case probably wont work.