Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Water damage

I have an iPhone SE that has water damage and the touch screen no longer works. I have apple care plus but was wondering if koodo or AppleCare provides a phone to use while your waiting for the repair to be done. I have to use my phone for call in basis for work so much wouldn't be able to go without a phone.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo often has loaner phones available. Ask at the kiosk where you go. Apple may simply replace your phone with a fresh one, rather than trying to repair yours.

You might want to ensure you have a backup on iCloud or in iTunes before you take you phone for repair.
Userlevel 7
If you have AppleCare and live near an Apple store, go to the apple store. If not, contact Apple directly. Koodo will just act as a middle-man and might just increase the hassle. Apple is usually pretty great when it comes to warranty. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

If you have AppleCare and live near an Apple store, go to the apple store. If not, contact Apple ...

I don't believe that Koodo handles anything regarding AC+. It's all done through Apple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Apple does not repair their iPhones. They will give you a replacement in store if you are able to go to a retail locations (appointment required).