Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wanting a new phone, same SIM card and plan?

I currently have an IPhone 4S with a prepaid $15 base plan. I'm in need of a new phone, would I be able I purchase any unlocked phone and put my current SIM card into it and continue the same phone plan? Also, if I take my SIM card out ft current 4s, is it locked to Koodo or unlocked? Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 5
You can use any unlocked Koodo compatible phone, just put Sim in and away you go on the same plan.  
If your Sim doesn't fit in the new phone, you can purchase a new SIM for the same plan for $5 at a Koodo Kiosk.
Your iphone 4S would still be locked to Koodo.

Spence wrote:

You can use any unlocked Koodo compatible phone, just put Sim in and away you go on the same plan...

can all IPhone sized SIM cards fit in all iPhones?
Userlevel 5
Spence wrote:

You can use any unlocked Koodo compatible phone, just put Sim in and away you go on the same plan...

No, after the 4s the Sim was changed to a Nano Sim, So all iPhone from the iPhone 5 and newer use a nano Sim. But like I said, a new Sim is only $5
Userlevel 4
Spence wrote:

New sims for prepaid are 20 bucks I believe the post paid ones are 5.
Spence wrote:

do I just ask the Kiosk workers to purchase a nano sim with my same plan even if I don't have my new iPhone yet? Would I have to take out my current Sim to show them? Thanks so much 😳
Userlevel 7
Spence wrote:

Just go to the Kiosk and ask them for a pre-paid nano SIM card. They should even be able to transfer your account to the new card. 
Userlevel 5
Spence wrote:

oops ,  sorry Carmen,   didn't notice you said prepaid.   
Prepaid Sims are $20