Koodo Community

Community

Solved

want to upgrade

my mom is thinking of taking my iphone 4 for her and get me a new one. the thing is i want to stay on my small tab and only pay 25$ month. so if i get a iphone 5s would it cost money to change the sim to a smaller one because the sims are smaller in the newer iphones? and how much yould it cost to upgrade from my old iphone 4 to a new one and keep the same contract? its gonna be 1 year in may that i have my tab.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
If you want to keep your plan all you can get is a Tab S, which is only $150 off the cost of the phone. You have to pay off your current tab to do so first thought. So you're still looking at well over $500 for the iPhone 5S.
Userlevel 7
As for the sim card part, the nano sim should be free with the purchase of the device when you upgrade your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Kim wrote:

As for the sim card part, the nano sim should be free with the purchase of the device when you up...

If you get the phone elsewhere, it'll cost you $10 for the nano-SIM.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

As for the sim card part, the nano sim should be free with the purchase of the device when you up...

True story.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1 year paying tab S with a 25$ plan means that you're somewhere around -120$. Therefore, you'll need to reimburse your tab on your next monthly bill (add 120$ to the bill) and buy the new iPhone on Tab S for example (725$-150$= 575$) 120$ (on your next monthly bill) +575$ (price of the phone - tab) +tax = around 800$ tax in Also, you'll now have 15% contributed to your bill every month instead of 10%