Koodo Community
Question

VoLTE on iPhone not Enabled by Default

Userlevel 4
Fresh iPhone.
Insert a Bell SIM Card. VoLTE is enabled by default.
Insert a Koodo SIM Card. VoLTE isn't enabled by default. It needs to be manually enabled from settings. Most people probably don't even know about it.

Koodo needs to update their carrier settings to enable VoLTE on iPhones by default.

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Got it. And the question is, to be clear, why it differs from Bell's. We do make different decision on different things with different timelines. You maybe happier soon.
Userlevel 4
@triggered123 Which plan have you tried this with?
A phone plan with data that already has the VoLTE Access add-on.

Can't enable VoLTE at all with the Tablet plan anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 Which plan have you tried this with?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 : you had a track record of being banned. That is the fact (you admited it). Any self-claim is just your own opinions.

I stop here. You can enjoy yourself.
Userlevel 4
@Dinh, I have a proven track record of finding and abusing bugs and loopholes on Koodo and TELUS for many years, not only on this community. All you keep doing is muddying the threads with comments that hardly even make sense, and making more excuses to not accept you're wrong when you provide absolutely nothing other than "I remember." If anyone finds an error in any of my postings, trust me, it will not be you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You want me to show my name on those orders to make Koodo Rep's investigation easier? 😂 They are not from any carrier. 4 of those orders are directly from Apple. Isn't it clear? The other one is from Costco. And I'm pretty sure that posting the screenshots in this thread implies that I tested those phones with Koodo and that VoLTE wasn't enabled. Do you really need everything explained to you in detail or are you just trying to argue for fun? 😤 So far, all you posted are words, no proof that you even have an iPhone.
I don't care about your name. Read my post again please.

This is the post that you asserted something on VoLTE and you needed to prove proof. If you could not, you could just say you couldn't. Pictures and no actual Apple documents made more confusions.
Userlevel 4

You know, Koodo can just filter orders on those date and find who ordered what. They might find you 🤣Is it not clear that none of those orders are from Koodo? @Bernard Koodo seems to be MIA anyway. Must be too busy investigating the 911 fee.
So you posted pictures of iphone orders from other carriers. What do they prove? (besides you had pictures). None of those is saying those are yours, and none said you tested your Koodo SIM in it at all.

You want me to show my name on those orders to make Koodo Rep's investigation easier? 😂 They are not from any carrier. 4 of those orders are directly from Apple. Isn't it clear? The other one is from Costco. And I'm pretty sure that posting the screenshots in this thread implies that I tested those phones with Koodo and that VoLTE wasn't enabled. Do you really need everything explained to you in detail or are you just trying to argue for fun? 😤 So far, all you posted are words, no proof that you even have an iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You know, Koodo can just filter orders on those date and find who ordered what. They might find you 🤣Is it not clear that none of those orders are from Koodo? @Bernard Koodo seems to be MIA anyway. Must be too busy investigating the 911 fee.

So you posted pictures of iphone orders from other carriers. What do they prove? (besides you had pictures). None of those is saying those are yours, and none said you tested your Koodo SIM in it at all.
Userlevel 4
You know, Koodo can just filter orders on those date and find who ordered what. They might find you 🤣
Is it not clear that none of those orders are from Koodo? @Bernard Koodo seems to be MIA anyway. Must be too busy investigating the 911 fee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You know, Koodo can just filter orders on those date and find who ordered what. They might find you 🤣
Userlevel 4
It was enabled by default when I upgraded from my iPhone 6S to iPhone XS back in Sept 2018. I don't remember about WI-FI Calling.

Sure it was. Koodo Rep is personally targeting my SIM Card and all my iPhones now so they don't enable VoLTE by default, (but he can't find my account for that bogus 911 fee.) 🤣

Here is a very short history of the fresh iPhones I remember compared to your one time from last year.

It was enabled by default when I upgraded from my iPhone 6S to iPhone XS back in Sept 2018. I don't remember about WI-FI Calling.
Userlevel 4
Your only argument: I remember that when I got my iPhone months ago, it was enabled by default. I remember 100% correct. My human brain never forgets anything and never remembers anything wrong.

I did the research and found the way to fix it.
All they have to do is add
key EnableVolteByDefault /key
true/
to the "overrides_D10_D11.plist" file, just below the Voice key. Now it's up to @Bernard Koodo to tell this to the person who can do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
😂

Just go create a backup of your iPhone, reset your phone, check the settings, and then restore if you want to see that you're remembering wrong. Clearly the default from Apple is disabled, and Koodo's exceptional software people didn't include the key at all. Arguing with you is too much work for no benefit.

Your opinions are not "facts".
Userlevel 4
😂 The words are very clear, aren't they? Here is exactly what you asked for:

If you want to see that you're remembering wrong, just go create a backup of your iPhone to iTunes, Erase All Content and Settings, check the VoLTE setting, and then restore your data. Clearly the default from Apple is disabled, and Koodo's exceptional software people didn't include the key at all. Since it's a Self Serve brand, soon they'll ask customers to code these things to save money. Arguing with you is too much work for no benefit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This argument is reaching levels that were never seen on Koodo Community before. I posted 3 links there directly from Apple if you want to go check and verify the files for yourself.
@triggered123 As you persists and went all over the place, I have 2 questions for you :

1. What is the setting of enableVOLTEbydefault? Does it enable VoLTE or does it enable "the switch" of VoLTE. I noticed there was another settings for the VoLTE switch. Do you have Apple documentation on this?
  2. That file is in an "overrides" setting file. So it meant it overrides the default. What was the default? Does it default to LTE for both Voice and Data?
A documentation from Apple about the carrier settings should be a good read (if you have).

If you cannot answer or don't have support documentations, I would stop arguing with you. It is going to nowhere.
Userlevel 4

Not only can it not be proven, the facts show that it likely did not even happen.
I could speak the same about your screenshots.

This argument is reaching levels that were never seen on Koodo Community before. I posted 3 links there directly from Apple if you want to go check and verify the files for yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not only can it not be proven, the facts show that it likely did not even happen.

I could speak the same about your screenshots.
Userlevel 4
How about this. Your experience is irrelevant. Not only can it not be proven, the facts show that it likely did not even happen.

Now the question is: will @Bernard Koodo inform the proper people to include the EnableVolteByDefault key in Koodo's carrier settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your explanation: I did not enable it. My phone has a mind of its own. It did something on its own even though the code did not instruct it to do that.

Here is a more likely explanation: you forgot that you enabled it at one point in months.

Don't make up stuff on other people experience.
Userlevel 4
Your explanation: I did not enable it. My phone has a mind of its own. It did something on its own even though the code did not instruct it to do that.

Here is a more likely explanation: you forgot that you enabled it at one point in months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The fact is that a fresh iPhone will not turn on VoLTE with a Koodo SIM Card by default because it is not getting that instruction from Koodo's carrier settings, and thus your phone definitely did not do that.

I didn't see it with my iPhone and my line. That is the fact. You can disagree. But that doesn't make you are the "fact"
Userlevel 4
The fact is that a fresh iPhone will not turn on VoLTE with a Koodo SIM Card by default because it is not getting that instruction from Koodo's carrier settings, and thus your phone definitely did not do that. Electronic devices don't do different things at different times based on someone's experience and opinions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 : The fact is: those are 2 screenshots.

Your opinion on those 2 screenshots are not "fact".. Did you even read my comments? I only said about my experience with my iphone and my line. That is the fact of my experience. You should care your own experience and opinions. Dont translate my comments into something else.
Userlevel 4
@Dinh, here is proof that your "opinion" is 100% fabricated and my "opinion" is a fact.

Now where is Koodo Rep @Bernard Koodo?

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/com.apple.jingle.appserver.client.MZITunesClientCheck/version/
http://updates-http.cdn-apple.com/2018/ios/carrierbundles/091-80234-20180504-DA5B6B8C-4D8B-11E8-B2E1-10D61A00AB6B/Telus_Koodo_ca_iPhone.ipcc
https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2018/carrierbundles/041-25731-20181205-7617B15C-F827-11E8-B90D-346CAD838929/Bell_ca_iPhone.ipcc