Koodo Community
Question

VoLTE on iPhone not Enabled by Default

Userlevel 4
Fresh iPhone.
Insert a Bell SIM Card. VoLTE is enabled by default.
Insert a Koodo SIM Card. VoLTE isn't enabled by default. It needs to be manually enabled from settings. Most people probably don't even know about it.

Koodo needs to update their carrier settings to enable VoLTE on iPhones by default.

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did your line have the VoLTE add-on or have any data at all?

I tried mine, it worked fine. LTE was enabled both for Voice and Data,
Userlevel 4
I tried mine, it worked fine. LTE was enabled both for Voice and Data,
You Erased All Content and Settings and then inserted a Koodo SIM Card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried mine, it worked fine. LTE was enabled both for Voice and Data,You Erased All Content and Settings and then inserted a Koodo SIM Card?

I asked you first! did you have VoLTE add-on in your account? If you don't have the provision then your LTE for voice haven't enabled.

I reset network settings when the phone without any SIM. I inserted a public mobile SIM in first, then Koodo. Enable LTE for voice&data showed up.
Userlevel 4
I reset network settings when the phone without any SIM. I inserted a public mobile SIM in first, then Koodo. Enable LTE for voice&data showed up.
"Fresh iPhone."
Erase All Content and Settings
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"Fresh iPhone,"
Erase All Content and Settings

Add VoLTE access add-on or send me one "fresh iphone"
Userlevel 4
The add-on is already on the Koodo line. Koodo's carrier settings are no good. I tried it many times before posting here. I thought we had established that I am not an amateur.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The add-on is already on the Koodo line. Koodo's carrier settings are no good. I tried it many times before posting here. I thought we had established that I am not an amateur.
You know well that reset network settings would reset all cellular and wifi settings of the phone? why are you pushing someone to erase their iPhone and install again.

If all professionals are correct, then we don't even need technical support.
Userlevel 4
🙄

Someone gets a new iPhone. Inserts a Koodo SIM Card. VoLTE isn't enabled by default. The average cellphone user probably doesn't even know about VoLTE, so they won't check it, and their phone will always have VoLTE disabled.

I am telling you specifically to Erase All Contents and Settings since you want to test it and see it for yourself that it's not enabled by default.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
🙄

Someone gets a new iPhone. Inserts a Koodo SIM Card. VoLTE isn't enabled by default. The average cellphone user probably doesn't even know about VoLTE, so they won't check it, and their phone will always have VoLTE disabled.

I am telling you specifically to Erase All Contents and Settings since you want to test it and see it for yourself that it's not enabled by default.

I got my iphone and used it for several months. I haven't enabled it myself. I rechecked again today and it was set to both Voice and Data.

We agree to disagree then.
Userlevel 4
It is not an opinion. I don't agree to disagree when it is a correct fact. I told you the way to verify it for yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is not an opinion. I don't agree to disagree when it is a correct fact. I told you the way to verify it for yourself.
I am not representing Koodo, neither do you. You might be correct with your line. I don't know. I only know about my account and my line.

But I can say "your comment is an opinion".
Userlevel 4
I was going to take a video with multiple SIM Cards and phones to prove my "opinion" but it's not worth it. I told you the way; give it a try if you want to see it for yourself that it is a fact. I am getting tired of Koodo's bugs, "features," and customer service.
Userlevel 4
@Dinh, here is proof that your "opinion" is 100% fabricated and my "opinion" is a fact.

Now where is Koodo Rep @Bernard Koodo?

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/com.apple.jingle.appserver.client.MZITunesClientCheck/version/
http://updates-http.cdn-apple.com/2018/ios/carrierbundles/091-80234-20180504-DA5B6B8C-4D8B-11E8-B2E1-10D61A00AB6B/Telus_Koodo_ca_iPhone.ipcc
https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2018/carrierbundles/041-25731-20181205-7617B15C-F827-11E8-B90D-346CAD838929/Bell_ca_iPhone.ipcc
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 : The fact is: those are 2 screenshots.

Your opinion on those 2 screenshots are not "fact".. Did you even read my comments? I only said about my experience with my iphone and my line. That is the fact of my experience. You should care your own experience and opinions. Dont translate my comments into something else.
Userlevel 4
The fact is that a fresh iPhone will not turn on VoLTE with a Koodo SIM Card by default because it is not getting that instruction from Koodo's carrier settings, and thus your phone definitely did not do that. Electronic devices don't do different things at different times based on someone's experience and opinions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The fact is that a fresh iPhone will not turn on VoLTE with a Koodo SIM Card by default because it is not getting that instruction from Koodo's carrier settings, and thus your phone definitely did not do that.

I didn't see it with my iPhone and my line. That is the fact. You can disagree. But that doesn't make you are the "fact"
Userlevel 4
Your explanation: I did not enable it. My phone has a mind of its own. It did something on its own even though the code did not instruct it to do that.

Here is a more likely explanation: you forgot that you enabled it at one point in months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your explanation: I did not enable it. My phone has a mind of its own. It did something on its own even though the code did not instruct it to do that.

Here is a more likely explanation: you forgot that you enabled it at one point in months.

Don't make up stuff on other people experience.
Userlevel 4
How about this. Your experience is irrelevant. Not only can it not be proven, the facts show that it likely did not even happen.

Now the question is: will @Bernard Koodo inform the proper people to include the EnableVolteByDefault key in Koodo's carrier settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not only can it not be proven, the facts show that it likely did not even happen.

I could speak the same about your screenshots.
Userlevel 4

Not only can it not be proven, the facts show that it likely did not even happen.
I could speak the same about your screenshots.

This argument is reaching levels that were never seen on Koodo Community before. I posted 3 links there directly from Apple if you want to go check and verify the files for yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This argument is reaching levels that were never seen on Koodo Community before. I posted 3 links there directly from Apple if you want to go check and verify the files for yourself.
@triggered123 As you persists and went all over the place, I have 2 questions for you :

1. What is the setting of enableVOLTEbydefault? Does it enable VoLTE or does it enable "the switch" of VoLTE. I noticed there was another settings for the VoLTE switch. Do you have Apple documentation on this?
  2. That file is in an "overrides" setting file. So it meant it overrides the default. What was the default? Does it default to LTE for both Voice and Data?
A documentation from Apple about the carrier settings should be a good read (if you have).

If you cannot answer or don't have support documentations, I would stop arguing with you. It is going to nowhere.
Userlevel 4
😂 The words are very clear, aren't they? Here is exactly what you asked for:

If you want to see that you're remembering wrong, just go create a backup of your iPhone to iTunes, Erase All Content and Settings, check the VoLTE setting, and then restore your data. Clearly the default from Apple is disabled, and Koodo's exceptional software people didn't include the key at all. Since it's a Self Serve brand, soon they'll ask customers to code these things to save money. Arguing with you is too much work for no benefit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
😂

Just go create a backup of your iPhone, reset your phone, check the settings, and then restore if you want to see that you're remembering wrong. Clearly the default from Apple is disabled, and Koodo's exceptional software people didn't include the key at all. Arguing with you is too much work for no benefit.

Your opinions are not "facts".
Userlevel 4
Your only argument: I remember that when I got my iPhone months ago, it was enabled by default. I remember 100% correct. My human brain never forgets anything and never remembers anything wrong.

I did the research and found the way to fix it.
All they have to do is add
key EnableVolteByDefault /key
true/
to the "overrides_D10_D11.plist" file, just below the Voice key. Now it's up to @Bernard Koodo to tell this to the person who can do it.