Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Volte Launched?

Hello everyone, is the Volte officially launched with Koodo? Need the HD quality of calling please

49 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo already has HD voice. VoLTE is mainly to not require having to step down to 3G when making calls. BVut to answer your question: VoLTE is not yet official. There's no public timeline AFAIK.
But voice in 3G is so bad in quality compared with Rogers and bell Volte, I was so excited this morning and try to see any carrier update but no luck lol
Userlevel 4
Ryan Chen wrote:

But voice in 3G is so bad in quality compared with Rogers and bell Volte, I was so excited this m...

Slightly off topic, 3G HD audio is quite good, but it works only when calling other Koodo, Virgin, Bell and Telus subs. Calling Rogers subs results in quite bad voice quality and they only support 3G HD within their own sub base. Not switching to 3G and faster connects would be a plus for volte
Userlevel 3
Don't think it will be coming soon. I called and they said that VoLTE to implement is expensive and that Koodo keeps costs down by not introducing the more advanced features of other networks. However, it has been known that they have been testing this feature all summer. So maybe in a few days when iOS 11 launches.
Tim Mosdell wrote:

Don't think it will be coming soon. I called and they said that VoLTE to implement is expensive a...

Seems pretty foolish considering that they're just a flanker brand of Telus and should be able to use any and all technology that Telus has introduced without few extra costs involved.

Both Fido and Virgin have also both introduced WiFi Calling and VoLTE, matching their parent companies.
Badge +4
Tim Mosdell wrote:

Don't think it will be coming soon. I called and they said that VoLTE to implement is expensive a...

My thoughts, precisely.
Tim Mosdell wrote:

Operationally speaking, it’s more expensive to maintain differences between Telus and Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could always call via FaceTime audio which AJ's better quality then normal calls
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

You could always call via FaceTime audio which AJ's better quality then normal calls

Except can't facetime Android users.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Good news : https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/19/koodo-says-volte-wifi-calling/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan is famous!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Doing his best Sean Spicer impersonation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, it is the most read article in MobileSyrup history.
Userlevel 4
Any date Ranjan when it will be available the wifi calling and will it work on the lgg4 thanks
Userlevel 6
Buy the man a beer, eh? Lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As Ranjan already said : "Unfortunately — and don’t shoot the messenger now — I don’t have much more to share at this time re: timing/availability. As soon as we’re able to share more, we will.”
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Lloyd Willett
  Although Telus has included Android phones in the VoLTE roll out, they have not included any on the VoWi-Fi side. I expect Koodo will follow a parallel path.

Userlevel 6

Buy the man a beer, eh? Lol

@Cory Z I endorse the purchase and consumption of beer 😃
Userlevel 6
I endorse your endorsement on the purchase and consumption of beer. 😃
Userlevel 6
Oh this endorsement could run onto an endless chain 😃
Let's just say if it were possible, @Cory Z you and I would toast you a cold one to Koodo, VoLTE, flagship phones and any other amusing topic 😃
Userlevel 4
Hi to All,

If I could add my few cents to this discussion I personally think that folks who think that VoLTE is the Deal Breaker for them are going to switch or already switched to Telus, Rogers or Fido and Virgin. Statistically speaking Koodo knows very well how many users actually done it and care about it, at all.

If the amount is insignificant and it didn't do any huge dent in their subscribers base for those who have mixed emotions about VoLTE  and treat it as not necessity but good addition to their Plan, patience and hope is the only legitimate answer.
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

Hi to All,

If I could add my few cents to this discussion I personally think that folks who thin...

Curious, why is VoLTE a deal breaker?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

Hi to All,

If I could add my few cents to this discussion I personally think that folks who thin...

I'm a little surprised about the passion some folks have towards voLTE. In times of voice calls declining heavily (replaced by chats of a million kinds) it's not something people are seeking out IMHO. Also, maybe I'm due for an annual checkup, but given the very good voice quality today and what voLTE would deliver, it really makes no difference in most people's selection of a carrier.  Some even say voLTE calls sound too synthesized and robotic. That said, we are all different and place importance on different things, not only when it comes to cell-phones but other, more important aspects of life as well. 
Userlevel 4
Jan Hope wrote:

Hi to All,

Well said...