Koodo Community
Question

Voicemail on Suspended Service?

Hi there, I'm going away on vacation next month and I'm planning to suspend my phone service. I'm wondering if those who call my number will still be able to leave a voicemail message. If I choose not to suspend my phone service while I'm away will I be able to receive voicemail messages if I remove the Koodo SIM card from my phone? I'm planning to use a european SIM card. From what I understand, I can access my voicemail from anywhere around the world by calling my phone number (country code + area code + phone number). Thanks for your advice.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
I believe the customer cannot leave you a voicemail message when your phone has been suspended. If you choose not to suspend your phone, you will still receive voicemail messages. Once your Koodo Sim is in your phone, I believe you will get all the voicemails you have received instantly. Yes, you are correct about calling your voicemail anywhere but I do not believe you can do that when the phone is suspended.
I believe the customer cannot leave you a voicemail message when your phone has been suspended. I...Thanks, John. It's very important for me to receive voicemail messages while I'm away so it's probably best if I do not suspend my service. I'm still not clear on what happens if I remove the Sim card from my phone: will voicemail messages be recorded if the Sim card has been removed from the phone? Do I need to bring the Sim card with me in order to check my voicemail? If possible, I'd like to leave my Sim card at home while I'm away and use Google Voice to log into my voicemail. However, I don't mind bringing it with me if it's the only way I can check my voicemail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe the customer cannot leave you a voicemail message when your phone has been suspended. I...vm messages are stored on a koodo server, not on the phone itself. When you call from another number and the vm picks up, press the * key and you will be prompted for your vm password.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe the customer cannot leave you a voicemail message when your phone has been suspended. I...According to Koodo’s website: Message Storage: Room to store up to 10 messages (5 min./message) for 10 days, and the ability to recover deleted messages, mark messages as private,urgent or anonymous, have time stamp, playback control and save messages over again. How do I check my Voicemail? http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/calling-features/how-do-i-check-my-voicemail
As long as you dont suspend your account you can check your VM within 10 of receiving the message before it is automatically deleted. Keep in mind if you suspend your account when you go to reactivate you can only choose from the plans available on date of activation so you will lose your current plan, if that is an importance to you.
Userlevel 7
As long as you dont suspend your account you can check your VM within 10 of receiving the message...The question had nothing to do with checking voicemail. She wanted to know if it's possible to leave one if your service is suspended and/or seasonal hold.