Koodo Community
Solved

Voicemail on IPhone 6s +

How can I reduce the time ringing before the voicemail kicks in.
icon

Best answer by Dinh 4 July 2019, 19:51

You could try to follow this article https://toolbox.iskysoft.com/iphone-recovery/iphone-rings-before-voicemail.html

Someone mentioned here about it on Android, but I couldnot find the thread. The instruction is similar.
View original

37 replies

Finally got things working thanks to a techie at Koodo that had the patience to work with me on this. Took us an hour an a quarter, but got 'er done! Biggest problem was the "+" plus sign before the VM call #. Was not used at all.
Thanks to all that tried to help, it is greatly appreciated.
I have never got an 'unassigned vm number' message, only get 'number not is service' ut 1 or 3.
Badge +4
@lazair I tried various methods in an attempt to duplicate the error message, without success. The closest was an unassigned number by simply entering a different vm access number. Similar symptoms; callers could not leave voicemail. When calling own vm number, I would get an 'unassigned vm number' error message.

Perhaps the updates, 12.4.1 or 12.4.2, included carrier settings which may have changed vm settings or codes on the iPhone 6S+ but left the vm settings/codes unaltered on the iPhone 6.

Side note: I read a post in Fido's community where the carrier could set the number of ringtones to voicemail. I'm not sure why this is not offered here.

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Changing-number-of-rings-for-voicemail-iPhone/td-p/68142
Called my own number and got 6 ut 1 number not in service
Badge +4
I'm totally confused now, how many methods are there? So far, everything I've tried has given me the 30 seconds, but anyone calling gets an error message and can't leave one. To restore my VM, I have to schedule a callback to reset my service.

There are only two methods.

*004*+12265804001*30# - which failed.

*61*+12265804001*11*30# - which seemed to work for at least the last two months.

If callers are hearing an error message, such as; 'number not assigned' it means the voicemail access number has somehow changed. You can also test this by calling your own phone number. You will either hear the error message or it will go straight to voicemail.

Do not use the voicemail access number examples provided here. Enter *#61# from your phones' dialpad. Write down the number you see and use that number. The voicemail access number is not your phone number.
@lazair which method did you use? (*004* or *61*) If you used the *004* method, this has to be cleared using ##04# as the *004* method resides in memory. I'm using an iPhone 6 which isn't much different than what you're using. Take note of the voicemail access number, has it changed or remained the same?
I'm totally confused now, how many methods are there? So far, everything I've tried has given me the 30 seconds, but anyone calling gets an error message and can't leave one. To restore my VM, I have to schedule a callback to reset my service.
Badge +4
@lazair which method did you use? (*004* or *61*) If you used the *004* method, this has to be cleared using ##04# as the *004* method resides in memory. I'm using an iPhone 6 which isn't much different than what you're using. Take note of the voicemail access number, has it changed or remained the same?
Well ... once again, although my ringer has gone to the desired 30 seconds, no one can leave a message.
This is so frustrating!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That I believe is the problem with my first attempt. I think I may have it now, but I need a call to verify that it is working. Previous codes others had suggested, worked a few times before failing. Will let you know if it works and continues to work in a few days.
For 519 area code try 2265804001 for the vm access number.
@Dany Koodo You're still missing a digit as vm call centre numbers end with 4001, 2 or 3, dependent on region, (e.g. +1 (226) 580-400?)

@lazair I think the old *61* method will work, older iPhones' received a second iOS update (from 12.4.1 to 12.4.2). 12.4.1 may have messed with the ring to voicemail setting.

That I believe is the problem with my first attempt. I think I may have it now, but I need a call to verify that it is working. Previous codes others had suggested, worked a few times before failing. Will let you know if it works and continues to work in a few days.
Userlevel 4
There is no extra 1, 2 or 3 in our help system. I'd like to see the result from our client here.
Badge +4
@Dany Koodo You're still missing a digit as vm call centre numbers end with 4001, 2 or 3, dependent on region, (e.g. +1 (226) 580-400?)

@lazair I think the old *61* method will work, older iPhones' received a second iOS update (from 12.4.1 to 12.4.2). 12.4.1 may have messed with the ring to voicemail setting.
@Dany Koodo *004*+1226580400**30# - the # symbol needs to be added or this won't work.

The result using this method is 'All Conditional Calls' for voice, data and fax call forwarding. However, this defaults or reverts to voice call forwarding when *#61# is entered.

Tried it ... failed
Did not work sir. Message, call can not be completed, check your # and try again.
Userlevel 4
Excellent notice rikkster! That's correct, the number to dial is *004*+1226-580-400**30# for the numbers starting with 519.
Badge +4
@Dany Koodo *004*+1226580400**30# - the # symbol needs to be added or this won't work.

The result using this method is 'All Conditional Calls' for voice, data and fax call forwarding. However, this defaults or reverts to voice call forwarding when *#61# is entered.
Ok, have had to do it twice now, so I'm a bit gun shy. Will try later, got to tend to my BBQ on this beautiful day!
Userlevel 4
Please try and let us know if you get the result you are looking for. We can always do a reset to start from the beginning if it doesn't.
That voicemail # is similar to my actual one, but not quite. I'm afraid of screwing it up again. You are sure that will work?
Userlevel 4
Try *004*+1226580400**30 then press SEND/CALL

The 30 stands for 30 seconds

Let me know if this does the trick.
Hi! The menus are like this:

Call the voicemail by dialing +1 (then your 10 digit number)

Press Menu 3 to 'Manage Your Greetings' which includes:
Press 1 for your Personal Greeting
Press 2 for Busy Greeting
Press 3 for Holiday Greeting
Press 4 for Extended Absence Greeting

In "Personal Greeting" Menu you can:
Press 1 Activate Greeting
Press 2 Listen to Greeting
Press 3 Record a Greeting
Press 4 Delete a Greeting
Press 6 System Greeting

So I advise to call the voicemail, press 3, press 1, press 4 and hang up. Then call voicemail again, press 3, press 1, press 6.

Let us know if this is the result you want.

This is not what I need, but thanks for the effort.
My voicemail works, what I want is more ring time before voicemail picks up. I wish to increase from the default 20 sec. to 30 sec.
Userlevel 4
Hi! The menus are like this:

Call the voicemail by dialing +1 (then your 10 digit number)

Press Menu 3 to 'Manage Your Greetings' which includes:
Press 1 for your Personal Greeting
Press 2 for Busy Greeting
Press 3 for Holiday Greeting
Press 4 for Extended Absence Greeting

In "Personal Greeting" Menu you can:
Press 1 Activate Greeting
Press 2 Listen to Greeting
Press 3 Record a Greeting
Press 4 Delete a Greeting
Press 6 System Greeting

So I advise to call the voicemail, press 3, press 1, press 4 and hang up. Then call voicemail again, press 3, press 1, press 6.

Let us know if this is the result you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Bless you, that works great!
Thank you so much.
Not working anymore, have had my voicemail stop receiving messages. Apparently, there are different codes depending on phone type and your carrier. I've had to call Koodo twice to reset my voicemail now, so I'm back to 20 sec. instead of the 30 I wanted. I can't keep screwing this up and expect them to fix it for free forever.
When you called in to reset and fix your voicemail, did you ask them about how to increase the ring time before the voicemail picks up?
I did ask and was told that she didn't know.

I'll flag this to a rep to see if they have a new way to change the time it takes to get to voicemail

Bless you, that works great!
Thank you so much.
Not working anymore, have had my voicemail stop receiving messages. Apparently, there are different codes depending on phone type and your carrier. I've had to call Koodo twice to reset my voicemail now, so I'm back to 20 sec. instead of the 30 I wanted. I can't keep screwing this up and expect them to fix it for free forever.
When you called in to reset and fix your voicemail, did you ask them about how to increase the ring time before the voicemail picks up?

I did ask and was told that she didn't know.