Koodo Community
Solved

Voicemail on IPhone 6s +

Show first post

37 replies

Badge +4
@Dany Koodo You're still missing a digit as vm call centre numbers end with 4001, 2 or 3, dependent on region, (e.g. +1 (226) 580-400?)

@lazair I think the old *61* method will work, older iPhones' received a second iOS update (from 12.4.1 to 12.4.2). 12.4.1 may have messed with the ring to voicemail setting.
Userlevel 4
There is no extra 1, 2 or 3 in our help system. I'd like to see the result from our client here.
@Dany Koodo You're still missing a digit as vm call centre numbers end with 4001, 2 or 3, dependent on region, (e.g. +1 (226) 580-400?)

@lazair I think the old *61* method will work, older iPhones' received a second iOS update (from 12.4.1 to 12.4.2). 12.4.1 may have messed with the ring to voicemail setting.

That I believe is the problem with my first attempt. I think I may have it now, but I need a call to verify that it is working. Previous codes others had suggested, worked a few times before failing. Will let you know if it works and continues to work in a few days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That I believe is the problem with my first attempt. I think I may have it now, but I need a call to verify that it is working. Previous codes others had suggested, worked a few times before failing. Will let you know if it works and continues to work in a few days.
For 519 area code try 2265804001 for the vm access number.
Well ... once again, although my ringer has gone to the desired 30 seconds, no one can leave a message.
This is so frustrating!
Badge +4
@lazair which method did you use? (*004* or *61*) If you used the *004* method, this has to be cleared using ##04# as the *004* method resides in memory. I'm using an iPhone 6 which isn't much different than what you're using. Take note of the voicemail access number, has it changed or remained the same?
@lazair which method did you use? (*004* or *61*) If you used the *004* method, this has to be cleared using ##04# as the *004* method resides in memory. I'm using an iPhone 6 which isn't much different than what you're using. Take note of the voicemail access number, has it changed or remained the same?
I'm totally confused now, how many methods are there? So far, everything I've tried has given me the 30 seconds, but anyone calling gets an error message and can't leave one. To restore my VM, I have to schedule a callback to reset my service.
Badge +4
I'm totally confused now, how many methods are there? So far, everything I've tried has given me the 30 seconds, but anyone calling gets an error message and can't leave one. To restore my VM, I have to schedule a callback to reset my service.

There are only two methods.

*004*+12265804001*30# - which failed.

*61*+12265804001*11*30# - which seemed to work for at least the last two months.

If callers are hearing an error message, such as; 'number not assigned' it means the voicemail access number has somehow changed. You can also test this by calling your own phone number. You will either hear the error message or it will go straight to voicemail.

Do not use the voicemail access number examples provided here. Enter *#61# from your phones' dialpad. Write down the number you see and use that number. The voicemail access number is not your phone number.
Called my own number and got 6 ut 1 number not in service
Badge +4
@lazair I tried various methods in an attempt to duplicate the error message, without success. The closest was an unassigned number by simply entering a different vm access number. Similar symptoms; callers could not leave voicemail. When calling own vm number, I would get an 'unassigned vm number' error message.

Perhaps the updates, 12.4.1 or 12.4.2, included carrier settings which may have changed vm settings or codes on the iPhone 6S+ but left the vm settings/codes unaltered on the iPhone 6.

Side note: I read a post in Fido's community where the carrier could set the number of ringtones to voicemail. I'm not sure why this is not offered here.

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Changing-number-of-rings-for-voicemail-iPhone/td-p/68142
I have never got an 'unassigned vm number' message, only get 'number not is service' ut 1 or 3.
Finally got things working thanks to a techie at Koodo that had the patience to work with me on this. Took us an hour an a quarter, but got 'er done! Biggest problem was the "+" plus sign before the VM call #. Was not used at all.
Thanks to all that tried to help, it is greatly appreciated.