Koodo Community
Question

Voicemail on IPhone 6s +

How can I reduce the time ringing before the voicemail kicks in.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could try to follow this article https://toolbox.iskysoft.com/iphone-recovery/iphone-rings-before-voicemail.html

Someone mentioned here about it on Android, but I couldnot find the thread. The instruction is similar.
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
See Raluca's solution at the bottom if the thread
https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/how-to-change-time-before-calls-go-to-voicemail-on-a-samsung-s9-7794296
Thank you !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@DLegault, which one worked?
I was successful doing the following:
Step 2) Input your voicemail number.
Go back to the phone app, and this time type *61*. DO NOT PRESS CALL. Follow this code with your secret voicemail number. If your number was +123456789, then you should now have the following on your phone app; *61*+123456789. Once again; DO NOT PRESS CALL.
Step 3) Input the number of seconds that the iPhone should ring.
Now type *11* and then enter the number of seconds that you want your device to ring before the call is sent to voicemail. If you want it to be 10 seconds, then you should now have the following on your phone app. *61*+123456789*11*10. Now you can place the call. If all has gone well, you will get a confirmation of the change of settings.
I was successful doing the following:
Step 2) Input your voicemail number.
Go back to the phone app, and this time type *61*. DO NOT PRESS CALL. Follow this code with your secret voicemail number. If your number was +123456789, then you should now have the following on your phone app; *61*+123456789. Once again; DO NOT PRESS CALL.
Step 3) Input the number of seconds that the iPhone should ring.
Now type *11* and then enter the number of seconds that you want your device to ring before the call is sent to voicemail. If you want it to be 10 seconds, then you should now have the following on your phone app. *61*+123456789*11*10. Now you can place the call. If all has gone well, you will get a confirmation of the change of settings.

I'd like to try that, but I have no idea what my voicemail # is or how to find it ... sad!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Isn't your VM number your phone number?
Badge +4
The 'secret' voicemail number is Koodo's voicemail centre number. Dialing *#61# and pressing call, reveals this number. Write this number down and press Dismiss to exit. Follow the example below substituting the example number with Koodo's voicemail centre number.

Minor correction - missing # symbol.

Example: *61*+123456789*11*10# (needs the # symbol for this to work). A confirmation message - Setting Activation Succeeded | Voice Call Forwarding | When Unanswered, will appear, press Dismiss to exit.

NOTE: You can enter a + symbol by holding down 0 for a few seconds.

The default ring time before going to Voicemail is usually 20 seconds. Only increments of 10 are usable.

Ring time Number of rings
10 seconds. 3 - 4
20 seconds. 4 - 5
30 seconds. 5 - 6
Bless you, that works great!
Thank you so much.